Before you start talking about Autodisconnect, let me remind you that this is not maemo5 haha.

Basically what I am looking for is something like autodisconnect that doesn't disconnect. Confusing? Well, I just want my phone to automatically switch over between 3g and GSM while adhering to the background internet connection rule, meaning i still want background connection active even when switched to gsm connection (something which autodisconnect on n900 doesn't do)

what should prompt the switch to 3g, well i was thinking something simple like approximate incoming data size, let's say anything more than 1mb for example should prompt the switch and keep the connection alive for lets say 5 minutes after it idles(which includes push mail blah blah). I don't know how feasible all as i understand Autodisconnect on N900 doesn't consider push mail as idling and i don't know much about programming to say the least but I do see that this intelligent connection management would help lengthen battery consumption. I now permanently use gsm mode and only manually switch to 3G whenever i see the need of it due to battery consideration.

Any thoughts,people?

EDIT: Spelling mistakes due to posting over phone, vkb is really not my thing. HAHA

Last edited by kai_en; 2011-12-30 at 03:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
Bump needed here!!

regarding a meego forum thread, no API are apparently available

Anybody here ??

even Ios is implementing this stuff with a shortcut and an icon ...

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Eastern US
this would be really cool tweak. My idle consumption went from 12 to 40+. The only change was a sim swap from T-Mobile to ATT. I get 3.5g on ATT but only 2.5g on T-Mobile.

yea!! need this app or tweak if possible, my idle consumption increase so bad lately