*Every* version was working fine with fCam. I'm using it personally with *every* release of kp. Don't spread FUD, pls.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
He didn't state that the "problems" were technical ones.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
*Every* version was working fine with fCam. I'm using it personally with *every* release of kp. Don't spread FUD, pls.
A lot of people on this thread would disagree

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39091&page=8

You will probably come back with some reply saying that there was always compatibility assuming you had the right versions of drivers and so on, but the fact that people were having problems that they found difficult to resolve, means that there was a problem.

Originally Posted by Seker_94 View Post
can you guys help me i am stuck
are you using scratchbox or madde?

Originally Posted by Seker_94 View Post
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
/usr/bin/make -C /root/kernel-power/kernel-power-2.6.28/debian/build/kernel-power headers_check ARCH=i386
make[1]: arm-linux-gcc: Command not found
and why are you trying to build kernel for i386 arch?

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mooninite View Post
@pali @freemangordon

Any word on the wireless driver bug?

Should I just build my own kernel without the wireless patches?

I still get reboots every few days.
what wireless bug?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pali View Post
what wireless bug?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2577

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by col37400 View Post
A lot of people on this thread would disagree

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39091&page=8

You will probably come back with some reply saying that there was always compatibility assuming you had the right versions of drivers and so on, but the fact that people were having problems that they found difficult to resolve, means that there was a problem.
If You perform (as root) 'rm -rf /', You also have a problem. With *many* programs and their versions. Yet, it doesn't mean that it's KP problem, or that Kp should care at all.

It's even less good reason to spread FUD about KP having problems with any applications, just because user doesn't know how to setup them (or, like in my extreme example, cleared them).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
If You perform (as root) 'rm -rf /', You also have a problem. With *many* programs and their versions. Yet, it doesn't mean that it's KP problem, or that Kp should care at all.

It's even less good reason to spread FUD about KP having problems with any applications, just because user doesn't know how to setup them (or, like in my extreme example, cleared them).

/Estel
I don't really understand anything in your post above, I'm afraid.

I'm guessing that what you're saying is that if anyone has problems, its their own fault for not being an expert on the inner workings of Maemo and the N900.

And such people shouldn't be members of this community that supports open source software, or expect any support or guidance from it.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
No.. He's saying "Stop saying X doesn't work, when it in does work, but you didn't set it up properly on your personal device." Saying KP doesn't work with FCam is like saying cars never last more than a week, when the real problem is you don't know how to put gas in a car. The better thing to do is say "Why is it my cars only last a week?", and eventually discover gas.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
I haven't said it doesn't work - I've said i've had problems in the past, and so have quite a lot of other people.

Putting gas in your car is pretty straight forward - you put the thing in the hole and pull the trigger.

Unfortunately, installing stuff on the N900 isn't generally as easy as that.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou