Originally Posted by SoberBender View Post
Hi everyone. I've been looking at buying an N900 for about a year now, so I've done quite a bit of research....If it does work well, where should I buy an n900? I can't find a physical store that still carries it. Are those ones on ebay real or should I be spending $400 or so from some online store? How much is reasonable for a new one?

Thanks.
I just reregistered here to respond: I have a fairly unused n900 for sale, would call it a "almost new". I bought it on Amazon in Dec 2009. My n900 has mostly been a back-up phone or parked on my desk, 2nd phone line thing.

So why have I not been using this phone? I have to put on reading glasses to use it most of the time and it's annoying. Ridiculous? Yes, oh well. Yes, it rocks in every way, it can do everything you every wanted. I should be using this actively all waking hours but I don't.

Details: It's updated to the most current system, I have overclocked it to whatever the recommended setting were from this board. I have found that on TMobile, here in the SF Bayarea, I can get up to 7.4Mbps download on their 4g network. It's the unlocked version, I have tried sim cards from ATT and Verizon and Virgin with success. It's really never crashed or locked up, so no known issues. It's been wrapped up in a skin and the screen has been covered since birth- no scratches, dings, dents, bezel around the screen is perfect. There is absolutely no damage- looks completely new. You probably already know that the charger port is a problem on this model in general. On my phone it is not loose or broken or anything. I have compulsively carefully plugged it in each time.

Comes with everything from the original box (but not the box itself since I sent it in for a rebate which I never got from Nokia, the slugs). And the Amazon receipt in case buyer wants to verify that this is not a fake or refurb or whatever. Also comes with THREE extra 1420Mah 4.2v li-ion batteries (bought in Sept last year from the alibaba place that the board recommended) plus the OEM Nokia battery.

I came over here to see what the going rate was for it might be. So I am going to start another post too. I would like to sell it locally if possible, so the buyer could peel back the skin to reassure themselves of the perfectness of the condition. Asking $450 with 4 batteries, cables, charger, etc. Thanks and please send me an email if you need addl. photos.

http://imgur.com/RTy0I
http://imgur.com/NAsfl
Thanks,
Nina

Last edited by ninakim; 2012-01-27 at 00:07. Reason: photos not showing up

Thanks for the offer - I'm actually not far from you. But that's out of my price range for a used phone. Best of luck.

recaller works really well in my opinion.

honestly, best of any call recording apps I have used on symbian,android, and iphone. No beeps, plainly named regular file in file system. I like it.

if you haven't had a smartphone before and your n900 is your first one, that will be such a tough life to live. I love my n900 but she makes me sad that there is not much like it anymore.

Originally Posted by ninakim View Post
...I have overclocked it to whatever the recommended setting were from this board. ... Asking $450 with 4 batteries, cables, charger, etc. Thanks and please send me an email if you need addl. photos.
Welcome to TMO. Thanks for the post.
You need to be more precise regarding your OC'ing. If a device has been OC'd, it's only reasonable to declare the kernel you're using (i.e. Kernel Power version xx, where xx is probably a number between 46 - 49). As well as the max speeds used. The stock is 600MHz. Some devices might fail at 650MHz. Even though the standard warranty has expired, the device is still under a safety warranty (e.g. if it was undesputably found to have blown up your house you could get some help rebuilding). However, by OCing, even this warranty becomes void so OC'ing cannot, ever, be called "recommended".

Asking this much money for an OC'd device needs to be justified.

I should also ask:
- how many times a week do you plug a USB cable into the device?
- do you have h-e-n installed?
- - if so, how much do you connect usb devices?
- do each of the pc and charger cables still have the little nodules on the micro-usb?

Apologies if all that sounds a bit abrupt. N900s are not fault free and each device is quite different from the next so it's only reasonable to declare all the info you have on yours.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
First of all as to a mention in a previous post it does work on ATT but only at EDGE speeds not 3G or 3.5 G. I dumped ATT and now use Simple Mobile which works on the N900 at 3G or 3.5G depending on the areas reception or location and it works quite well. As far as 4G is concerned I believe it has been mentioned in the past on these forums that N900 does not support 4G. The stock batteries are 1320 mah and most marked higher are usually BS with a few exceptions like the Scud ( see battery info topic by "dr_frost_dk" ). As far as Verizon, they use CDMA so the N900 does not work on Verizon 's network as the N900 is GSM. This is the first time I have heard "Return the box for a rebate ?" Buyer beware of N900's for sale and the claims made by those selling such. I have two N900's bought new which I still use but you should really think about finding a more up to date phone that is still supported by the manufacturer. Good Luck !

P.S. - Sadly, most of the people on this forum from the past with the N900, have moved on now to the N9, etc. and apparently they rarely care about or answer anything related to the N900 anymore since they are not really using it anymore, with a few exceptions . This forum is not like it used to be :-(

Last edited by louiegoat; 2012-01-27 at 01:32. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Welcome to TMO. Thanks for the post.
You need to be more precise regarding your OC'ing. If a device has been OC'd, it's only reasonable to declare the kernel you're using (i.e. Kernel Power version xx, where xx is probably a number between 46 - 49). As well as the max speeds used. The stock is 600MHz. Some devices might fail at 650MHz. Even though the standard warranty has expired, the device is still under a safety warranty (e.g. if it was undesputably found to have blown up your house you could get some help rebuilding). However, by OCing, even this warranty becomes void so OC'ing cannot, ever, be called "recommended".

Asking this much money for an OC'd device needs to be justified.

I should also ask:
- how many times a week do you plug a USB cable into the device?
- do you have h-e-n installed?
- - if so, how much do you connect usb devices?
- do each of the pc and charger cables still have the little nodules on the micro-usb?

Apologies if all that sounds a bit abrupt. N900s are not fault free and each device is quite different from the next so it's only reasonable to declare all the info you have on yours.
Blow up my house? hell no. But that's quite a concept for warranties... No worries about your questions, I am just not sure how I can get that info. Anyhow, let's see if I can find this info on the Kernel Power version. Relatively mentally challenged here compared to the norm on this board...I will post again when I figure out how I can find that info. Any help appreciated.

I overclocked to 850Mhz via:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3412

I don't connect via usb to any computers, I used bluetooth to transfer files/data. I did try tethering to see if it was fast enough if I needed it but used wifi not usb. I usually charged it about 2x or 3x weekly. But I forgot to mention that I garaged this phone for about one year since I used a work supplied iphone. So really, I can say that the usb port is very tight- no rocking or trouble.

The cables "nodules" are not damaged. I have a macro lense for my camera and could take a shot of the actual usb port later if that makes you feel better but that really would not show that the port isn't loose and rocky. hth.

Nina

The Following User Says Thank You to ninakim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
First of all as to a mention in a previous post it does work on ATT but only at EDGE speeds not 3G or 3.5 G. I dumped ATT and now use Simple Mobile which works on the N900 at 3G or 3.5G depending on the areas reception or location and it works quite well. As far as 4G is concerned I believe it has been mentioned in the past on these forums that N900 does not support 4G. The stock batteries are 1320 mah and most marked higher are usually BS with a few exceptions like the Scud ( see battery info topic by "dr_frost_dk" ). As far as Verizon, they use CDMA so the N900 does not work on Verizon 's network as the N900 is GSM. This is the first time I have heard "Return the box for a rebate ?" Buyer beware of N900's for sale and the claims made by those selling such. I have two N900's bought new which I still use but you should really think about finding a more up to date phone that is still supported by the manufacturer. Good Luck !

P.S. - Sadly, most of the people on this forum from the past with the N900, have moved on now to the N9, etc. and apparently they rarely care about or answer anything related to the N900 anymore since they are not really using it anymore, with a few exceptions . This forum is not like it used to be :-(

Originally Posted by louiegoat View Post
First of all as to a mention in a previous post it does work on ATT but only at EDGE speeds not 3G or 3.5 G. I dumped ATT and now use Simple Mobile which works on the N900 at 3G or 3.5G depending on the areas reception or location and it works quite well. As far as 4G is concerned I believe it has been mentioned in the past on these forums that N900 does not support 4G. The stock batteries are 1320 mah and most marked higher are usually BS with a few exceptions like the Scud ( see battery info topic by "dr_frost_dk". As far as Verizon it they use CDMA so the N900 does not work on Verizon 's network as the N900 is GSM. ? Return the box for a rebate ? Buyer beware of N900's for sale and the claims made by those selling such. I have two N900's bought new which I still use but you should really think about finding a more up to date phone that is still supported by the manufacturer. Good Luck !
ok, feeling like this is a rather unfair. Here are the batteries I purchased:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

I tried every sim card that I could from my extended family on my N900 since I was hating Tmobile for awhile. I am still with Tmobile because of their $45 unlimited everything for small business users. The noted speeds are for Tmobile and not any other carrier. I did not claim it was for all US carriers. WTF?

Box had the serial number and was required to sent the original bar code sticker for the rebate that I never got. Really? is this a necessary post? I still wish I had gotten that $50 from nokia though.

Well, good luck to you too. I suppose I should try not to respond to this sort of sheethead trolling.

Originally Posted by ninakim View Post
I overclocked to 850Mhz via:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3412

I don't connect via usb to any computers, I used bluetooth to transfer files/data. I did try tethering to see if it was fast enough if I needed it but used wifi not usb. I usually charged it about 2x or 3x weekly. [...]
So really, I can say that the usb port is very tight- no rocking or trouble.

The cables "nodules" are not damaged.
Perfect. That's what we need to know. It might be slow at first but you will get a buyer soon. Couldn't think of a better word for those little spikey bits. Incidentally, these are the things that cause the most damage.

May I suggest you (or someone helpful you know) wipe the device by reflashing the eMMC with PR1.3.1. Follow the Wiki - it's not that hard if you read it through slowly before you begin. This will ensure the purchaser has no access to/knowledge of any of your private data. The procedure resets it to factory settings, so everything looks clean and fresh electronically - sounds as though it's in good nick physically. Once it's done, I suggest you post a new "for sale" thread, (with a link to ebay/paypal/whatever.) you should be allowed to put a new thread on the for sale board after you've made 3 normal posts I think?

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
@soberbender:

Did u check Craigslist? I saw a listing in my area for a brand new n900 for $320. Very reasonable. Good luck with the search!