I got a crack on my Lumia 800 on a exact same place (while the LED is in a different place), though it was my fault by dropping it. I think i can live with it.
N9 doing just fine.

dropped it on really hard like industrial strentgh porcelain tile

dropped it screen first, some how it slipped our of my hand when trying to connect to charger.

i have a cyan arriving tomorrow via overnight shipping from www.welectronics.com

does anybody know anyone who cn replace screen for this?

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post
you have it quite easy OP

this, literally, just happened

Call the Gorilla glass people and complain that in the end the glass turns out to be breakable and that you feel tricked

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post
you have it quite easy OP

this, literally, just happened

This was Zack's N9... he went on getting it successfully repaired. U may like to read his posts.

Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
I feel like vomiting right now.

It is almost 4am east coast time and I was awoken to a loud crashing cracking now. Somehow my phone managed to fall maybe 3ft onto a tile floor while charging and got destroyed.

I feel like I don't have any options, I'm beside myself. What should I do please help me.
Ref: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81109&page=5

3 ft only? That's crap man.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Yeah it fell directly on its corner, that is where Gorilla Glass is at its weakest. Before that I had dropped it onto pavement from about shoulder height, a good 5ft and it landed flat and not even a scratch. Always keep a case on it as it does absorb shock on the corners. If you are in the states, go with Palco if you do not have a reputable repair shop you can trust locally that can order the parts and do the repair.

http://palcocellphonerepair.com/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Seeing those shattered N9's truly makes me physically ill. My N9 has the same cracks in the polycarbonate, in three separate areas all spawning from the camera chrome. Anyways, I managed to make my N9 crap itself when fiddling in developer mode (not really sure what happened, was trying a custom theme, lost emoticons, tried to get em back, no worky...?) and made a warranty claim on that, and whilst I was there brought up the cracks issue. After collecting my phone two days later, I was told that the parts wouldn't be in for another month so try again then. Just trying to get rid of me so they don't have to replace the whole phone? I suspect so. Has anyone had any further luck in claiming on the cracks?

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
059H2M6 RM-696 NDT 64GB ROW BLACK

What does "NDT" mean?
Not locked to a carrier... I have no idea where that region is as I looked on navifirm and came up with nothing... ROW is the region but it doesn't tell me what region that is...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Prague, Czech republic
Originally Posted by joeymc View Post
Seeing those shattered N9's truly makes me physically ill. My N9 has the same cracks in the polycarbonate, in three separate areas all spawning from the camera chrome. Anyways, I managed to make my N9 crap itself when fiddling in developer mode (not really sure what happened, was trying a custom theme, lost emoticons, tried to get em back, no worky...?) and made a warranty claim on that, and whilst I was there brought up the cracks issue. After collecting my phone two days later, I was told that the parts wouldn't be in for another month so try again then. Just trying to get rid of me so they don't have to replace the whole phone? I suspect so. Has anyone had any further luck in claiming on the cracks?
Hey joey and all others, I've had problems with creaking body of my N9, and also later a crack in polycarbonate near the 3.5 mm jack appeared after 2 or 3 weeks of really carefull using. I went to the shop, where I bought it. They said that they're not going to replace it for the new device and that I have to take it to the service (even though it was apparently a manufactoring problem). I went to service I was sent to and they said, that they don't have spare parts and that they don't know if warranty applies to this problem. They also gave me contact to another service center, which was outside of city. I didn't want to ride somewhere outside the city, when a bought a Nokia premium device, for its premium price and the manufacturing was worse than some lo-end budget phone. So I wrote to the Nokia Care and asked what to do. They told me, that it's non of their bussines plus the same thing about contacting another service center. Than I went to the Nokia flagship store and asked about their opinion (at that time it was just creaking, but quite a lot). They said this really isn't ok and recommended me some higher level service center. So I wrote there an e-mail, attached a video of creaking and asked what to do. They replied, that they have to see it and that anyway, if I want to change the phone, the seller has to take it back, but they also wrote, that they can make me a (paid) review if the phone is suitable for exchange. I took my phone there, they took my 500 CZK (something like 25 USD) and wrote, that the phone is defective. So I went back to the seller and told him about the problems with the phone - again the same thing about service, blahblah, so I showed him the review and miraculously, with the review in my hand, he changed his mind, took the phone and sent it to Nokia for assessment. After very painfull 2 weeks with substitude Android device from my drawer I got a new device. No creaking, no cracks, yeah!

For the ones with creaking phones, I'm attaching the link to the video of my creaking device at the end of my post. After all it seems that creaking and craking isn't the regular "feature" of N9 and if problems with the device aren't caused by your fault (dropping the phone, etc.) you should get a replacement. Don't know how it's at your contries, but we also have a law here, which says, that the seller has to refund all the money you spent to prove your warranty is authorized - well in my case, they (Electroworld, quite huge international network of shopping mall-like shops) didn't Anyway I'm not going to sue them because of 25 bucks, just think twice when you're choosing a shop for buying your N9.

The video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__DcsI3lnJE

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Slovakia
I have 2 cracks on one of my N9s.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=249e799fb4

polycarbonate cover is L3 part, as it is "containing IMEI". Will be hard to get it.