Active Topics

Hi,

Apologies if this has been done previously, but I have been unable to find *definitive* answers to my following questions -

1. Does the N9 have an FM Transmitter with *useable* software (I have heard that the hardware is there but it is not enabled?)

2. If it has the hardware but not the software, when/will this be enabled in future?

3. If FM transmit is possible, is there anything providing RDS transmit? (for example, RDS Notify on the N900, which worked brilliantly for sending track/artist info to my car radio)

I really want to know as an FM transmitter is potentially a deal breaker as to whether I get an N9 or not.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!

Currently, no it does not. No software. The BT chip used in the N9 does support.
Don't know when (or if) it will be available in the future. It isn't in the current changelog of the beta for the upcoming PR 1.2 firmware.

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
The chip is there but not the antenna.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Radio works fine with me with this software

You might have to plug the headphones in and out a few times for it to work the first time.

Last edited by Zoxir; 2012-01-31 at 16:13. Reason: forgot to add the actual link

Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
Radio works fine with me with this software

You might have to plug the headphones in and out a few times for it to work the first time.
Thanks, but was referring to the transmitter, not the receiver.

I am still not entirely sure - it sounds like there is half the hardware but no one is certain if it can be done?

Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
Currently, no it does not. No software. The BT chip used in the N9 does support.
Don't know when (or if) it will be available in the future. It isn't in the current changelog of the beta for the upcoming PR 1.2 firmware.
Thanks. Does that mean it could be done in future, if someone was to develop some software, possibly third party software?