Active Topics

Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
i am going to try..but i am almost sure i am going to get the error described above, as i think i already did these exact same steps yesterday..ths woodyman!

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by hypnotised View Post
hey, woody, can you make ur own scripts Instead of hard to point to flaws in someone else's work?
I have made several scripts (and apps) for the N900. How would me making a script change the existence of this one? It would not. I could make a hundred scripts, and this one will still exist.

Let me use terms you may be more familiar with:

Say I was asking a farmer to mark where a landmine exists. The farmer then says "Oh, that is so old it will never go off, I've walked near it several times." What to do? The safety of all is better served by marking where it is, or better by helping to disarm/remove it to make the area safer. Would you say in that case that I should not bother the farmer, and go farm my own land? How does that protect others walking in that area, who may not know of the danger it presents?

Now substitute landmine with script and re-read the passage. Do you see why what you've said is illogical and insulting?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
ok..did everything you said woody..stil:
$ cd /dev/cgroup/cpu/user/
-sh: cd: can't cd to /dev/cgroup/cpu/user/
~ $ ls
BACKqtwallet.db.sqlite applet2.png cache-Nokia-N900 replay_arp-0813-125159.cap
Games applet3.png custom-karam sbr
MyDocs apps cuteTube-QML share
NProfile batterypatch-install.sh.txt filebox-terminal tmp-Nokia-N900
Xorg.0.log book1.png int_kb_layout
apmonitord.log book2.png qld.log
applet1.png bookmask1.png qtwallet.db.sqlite
~ $
~ $

is this normal? i see many files with this supposedly speedpatch test..is something still wrong?

Last edited by ed_boner; 2012-01-31 at 22:41.

It means that the "cd" command failed because you don't have any "/dev/cgroup/cpu/user/" directory (so the "ls" command only display your current directory content which remains "/home/user/").

I think your speedpatch install failed if it's what you try to know.

PS : "replay_arp-0813-125159.cap" : it is naughty to try to crack wireless connections :P.

Last edited by OperationNT; 2012-01-31 at 23:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OperationNT For This Useful Post:
Thank you woody
you and karam are really kind-hearted person
thank you very much

Originally Posted by OperationNT View Post
It means that the "cd" command failed because you don't have any "/dev/cgroup/cpu/user/" directory (so the "ls" command only display your current directory content which remains "/home/user/").

I think your speedpatch install failed if it's what you try to know.

PS : "replay_arp-0813-125159.cap" : it is naughty to try to crack wireless connections :P.
oh really??!..tks a lot man for the enlightment..finnaly got rid of these patches for good....hope you can bring a more friendly and effective version soon karam..for non-geeks..hehe..this was really way to complicated for me..tks for all.

Hello everybody,

I installed yesturday night the battery and speed patch (kernel power 46 with wl drivers) and this morning, I had a good surprise : my battery was fully drained (yesturday night, it was full and usually, it stand 1 full day before I must recharge it ).

Is there any thing I missed ? (I did both tests for speedpatch and battery patch installation : there were positive)

Thanks in advance .

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Malaysia
i just install the speedpatch but not the battery patch. it seems that the batterypatch overclocking my device. i don't want that.

i install the latest power kernel, cssu update, tracker-cfg, wifi-switcher, reduce brightness, reduce widget, and only one home screen .

my battery life was improve significantly... thanks karam!

The Following User Says Thank You to aizudean For This Useful Post:
Ok, if the batterypatch overclocks the CPU, maybe that's why my phone battery was drain in one night (inactive).

batterypatch switches to underclock profile when inactive
you have another problem

Last edited by Seker_94; 2012-02-01 at 17:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to Seker_94 For This Useful Post:

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe