Stellarium is a planetarium for your phone. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope.

Donate version: http://store.ovi.com/content/250749
Download for free: bitbucket.org/elemental/stellarium

Many of you like my EmuMaster application already and many of you requested to publish a paid version in the store to support me with a donation. But policy of Ovi Store do not permits to publish the same content twice. So I come up with another solution. I have ported a great app to harmattan (with new features added like use of internal GPS) and published it in the Ovi Store for a small donate fee 1 euro. Of course link to the source code is provided in the application since it is GPL licensed, but I think you would support me, so I would create more great things for you.

Last edited by elemental; 2012-02-06 at 23:36.

The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elemental View Post
Stellarium is a planetarium for your phone. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope.

http://store.ovi.com/content/250749

Many of you like my EmuMaster application already and many of you requested to publish a paid version in the store to support me with a donation. But policy of Ovi Store do not permits to publish the same content twice. So I come up with another solution. I have ported a great app to harmattan (with new features added like use of internal GPS) and published it in the Ovi Store for a small donate fee 1 euro. Of course link to the source code is provided in the application since it is GPL licensed, but I think you would support me, so I would create more great things for you.
looks interesting. Could you post some more pics, if not video?

You could set up a paypal account and a simple site for the donations, that way people could also decide what it's worth to them (probably more than 1.-)

Btw, since you're already using GPS, have you considered trying to implement usage of the accelerometer&compass as well? That way the phone could automatically display the stars that it is actually pointed towards.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nephridium For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nephridium View Post
You could set up a paypal account and a simple site for the donations, that way people could also decide what it's worth to them (probably more than 1.-)
I have paypal account, but many users says that they are likely to pay through their phone billing, not through paypal.
Originally Posted by nephridium View Post
Btw, since you're already using GPS, have you considered trying to implement usage of the accelerometer&compass as well? That way the phone could automatically display the stars that it is actually pointed towards.
I will try that, thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Done! GPS-support is of course very nice to have, but for a future version accelerometer + magnetometer support would be very welcome as well. [hmm, I should refresh before I post nephridium beat me to it.]

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Thanks, just bought it. Works fine, but pinch-to-zoom would be a nice addition for changing FOV, though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JiiHoo For This Useful Post:
One thing, when you use GPS first time I advise to save settings (from left panel) to remember the current position (so next time you run the app you start where you were last time).

Last edited by elemental; 2012-02-01 at 18:58.

Elemetal u are great! Have donated for emumaster and will do it again. Buying this to

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
I really enjoyed Stellarium on my N900. Always wanted to try a version that could auto orientate based on compass and GPS.

Since the N9 has the requisite hardware for this, seeing the feature implemented on this port of Stellarium would make it a must buy!