N900 folders are hidden > mass storage mode

I can able to view the folders through X-Terminal
but i am unable to view them when I open the mass storage mode.

I have even used the Tools > Folder Options > View >show hidden files ....... but of no use...

But I can able to access them through command prompt...

Please help me out > how to make these folders visible

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
you can only see the files inside my docs in mass storage mode for access to the full file system on your computer use ssh

Originally Posted by abhishekch View Post
N900 folders are hidden > mass storage mode

I can able to view the folders through X-Terminal
but i am unable to view them when I open the mass storage mode.

I have even used the Tools > Folder Options > View >show hidden files ....... but of no use...

But I can able to access them through command prompt...

Please help me out > how to make these folders visible

You seem to be using a PC running Microsoft Windows.
Open a command prompt window (make sure you run cmd-prompt as administrator in Windows Vista and Windows 7) and navigate to the N900 mass storage drive by entering its drive letter followed by a colon (example F:) at the prompt.
The prompt directory will be switched to the root of the storage of your N900
Type "attrib -s -h -r /s /d" without the quotes.
Wait for the command to execute and the prompt to begin blinking again and you should be able to see the hidden files and folders using Windows Explorer.
After doing this be careful because it would be easy to mistakenly delete files without being warned that they are read-only.
Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Oma N'Efe View Post
You seem to be using a PC running Microsoft Windows.
Open a command prompt window (make sure you run cmd-prompt as administrator in Windows Vista and Windows 7) and navigate to the N900 mass storage drive by entering its drive letter followed by a colon (example F:) at the prompt.
The prompt directory will be switched to the root of the storage of your N900
Type "attrib -s -h -r /s /d" without the quotes.
Wait for the command to execute and the prompt to begin blinking again and you should be able to see the hidden files and folders using Windows Explorer.
After doing this be careful because it would be easy to mistakenly delete files without being warned that they are read-only.
Hope this helps.
I tried it with N9, as you instructed, but it did not work (Windows 7 32-bit) ... anyway, a nice idea to try ...

Last edited by jaripi; 2012-02-02 at 05:13.

Originally Posted by jaripi View Post
I tried it with N9, as you instructed, but it did not work (Windows 7 32-bit) ... anyway, a nice idea to try ...
Did you run the command prompt as an administrator?
To do that type "cmd" in the search-box in Windows 7, then wait for the black command box icon to show at the top of the start menu then right click and choose "Run as Administrator".
Then follow the steps and see if it works.

Originally Posted by Oma N'Efe View Post
Did you run the command prompt as an administrator?
To do that type "cmd" in the search-box in Windows 7, then wait for the black command box icon to show at the top of the start menu then right click and choose "Run as Administrator".
Then follow the steps and see if it works.
No, it did not work - I tried it again, with both Windows 7 SP1 and Windows XP SP3 (both 32-bit) ... no luck with N9, so it might be Aegis that make some limitations compared on N900 ...