Active Topics

I guess there is stock in the US. I ended up getting a "B stock" N900 back. I haven't taken the plastic off it yet though; trying to decide if I want to go ahead and sell it now because it's worth more unbroken, then if the USB port breaks or SIM slot stops working again.

And I got a reply yesterday saying they've found me a replacement N900. She says she's tested it and is "happy with it functionality". So I guess that's a win... we'll see once I get it back!

Thanks again to everyone who helped.

btw these are the minimum in consumer laws for the whole eu and they should have been made national law (e.g. germany look at §§433ff bgb) years ago.

so just look, which law in your country states something about based on/according to 1999/44/EG, this should be then your rights as a consumer.

THIS IS OF COURSE NOT A LEGAL ADVICE (at least which can be fully trusted) but i am quite sure about it. Trust only your laywer!

IT MAY BRAKE YOUR PURSE (or empty it)!

Last edited by sirpaul; 2012-02-02 at 07:48.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
How about in Finland ? I just got a message from the company that sent my n900 for maintenace and I'm going to get it back today. The only thing I don't know that will there be my n900 or e7. Have anyone in Finland had n9 or n900 in return within last six months or so?

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Nokia rang me when mine went in and said that it would probably be swapped for an N8, but they repaired my handset instead and returned it, which was good news for me.

So you may still get your's back.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
@joonne:
Yeap, I had my N900 send for repair in Finland about six months ago.

They said it might be replaced with n8 or E7. I said that I wouldn't take eighter one but I might be persuaded by an N9 if I got some money in between.

The mechanic wrote my statement down in the repair form made for Nokia central care. And after a couple of weeks I got another N900 back from them.

(The reason for service was that the n900 modem circuit failed)

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
Okay, thanks for replies !

I checked from the repair company's site and found out that I really might get my own n900 back ! ( the problem with the phone was broken vibrator motor)

This is good because I'm getting tired of my old 5800, (broken) e7 and playing with 9500 ( Altought the nokia 9500 still got that something in it )