Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I would wait till pr1.2. Then decide if all features are there. The current N9 sucks big time
I second that.

Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
The music player I developed, SigmaPlayer, has 10-bands equalizer.

Great !

Thanks for your work

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Romania
Originally Posted by Paul Ortyl View Post
I second that.
PR1.2 is out in two weeks and the N9 is quite capable to stand on it's own as it is now imo.
------
Anyway I'd always choose the N9 over every other phone because this is one of a kind. Since Elop killed Nokia's MeeGo efforts there won't be another MeeGo phone from Nokia.

As for Android, well you buy your SGS2 and in two months time 20 new Android phones just appeared on the market without any significant differences. What I'm saying is the you won't miss much if you skip an Android phone now, it would only get one update anyway, and you can always buy one later. You won't be able to buy an N9 once it's out of production.

Same applies for WP7. You used one, then you pretty much used them all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmate For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by bmate View Post
PR1.2 is out in two weeks and the N9 is quite capable to stand on it's own as it is now imo.
------
Anyway I'd always choose the N9 over every other phone because this is one of a kind. Since Elop killed Nokia's MeeGo efforts there won't be another MeeGo phone from Nokia.

As for Android, well you buy your SGS2 and in two months time 20 new Android phones just appeared on the market without any significant differences. What I'm saying is the you won't miss much if you skip an Android phone now, it would only get one update anyway, and you can always buy one later. You won't be able to buy an N9 once it's out of production.

I totally agree with this statement, N9 is for me THE PHONE !.

Development still growing for this beauty, but then again its good to make a difference even its not perfect all the time (yet) regarding apps

Originally Posted by bmate View Post
------

I am aware of that and I use N9 as my main device, it still sucks. Even the email client is not able to reliable show you contents of your IMAP mailbox nor delete/move an email. If you want to N9 for playing with linux enabled device, it is OK, if you want to use it, wait till all relevant bugs get fixed.

As I have already stated above, if you need to ask if you should buy N9, then do not buy it.
It needs polish to be reliable enough to use it. The N9 team in Finland is doing miracles (yes, they really do!), but unfortunately not fast enough.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovenia, Ljubljana
You can delete or move email (I'm uding gmail) if you want and it's very easy. Don't know about IMAP though.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Hmmm... I have been using the N9 for the past 3 months and with PR1.1 I find it very usable more so than most Android phones I have used in the past! I also have had friends who are android users comment on how responsive the OS is. I also have no problem with gmail or hotmail reading and deleting messages from both on a daily basis on my N9...

I will readily agree that is lacking a bit of polish BUT remember it took Android until (really) 2.2 to be decent (1.5/1.6 to have a virtual keyboard which is nowhere near as good as the N9's) and even at that the way to make it perform is throw more and more hardware at it - I tried a SE Xperia X10 a while back and even with custom ROMs it was slow as molasses. It took the iPhone several versions to get apps and copy and paste etc and apple is still adding core to it, heck notifications only became servicable in iOS 5... These things take time, time selop was not prepared to wait for so its now a dead platform - which is very unfortunate...

The N9 is a great device, the deciding factors really are:
1) Do you require XYZ application for daily use of you device?
If Yes then the N9 is likely not for you as while some of the apps are good they are limited...

2) Does it bother you to sink ~$500+ into a dead operating system?
If Yes then go get a Google Nexus, iPhone or WP7 device as they will continually get updates - however get a non-google android device and good luck with updates. Yes the N9 is going to get some updates from Nokia PR1.2 & PR1.3 are known and are on their way, but how long this support will last is unknown

3) Do you like being unique (silly but)?
If you buy an N9 you are likely joining a very limited number of people who also use this device, sort of an "elite" group I guess...

4) Did you own an N900 and did you enjoy it?
I am not a developer but I enjoyed my time with the N900, so much so that I still have it and cannot decide whether I want to part with it or not...

5) Do you like to Multi-Task?
If Yes then the N9 has one of the best, smoothest, slickest implementation of multi-tasking implemented on any device out there right now by a very large Margin!

It is an awesome device which I am hoping is only going to get better with the upcoming releases of PR1.2, PR1.3 and whatever else Nokia may have in store for us...

Yes I am very happy with my N9...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have weakness towards N9, despite it really not being a full fledged device. Both a cyan and gave it away, but somehow itched to get another one and just got the white one. Beautiful, but sucks compared to other phones. Will wait till pr1.2 to see if truly improved. Given Nokia record on much promise but little delivery and lack of cohesive strategy and only 3 people still working on harmattan, I dont expect much. Will likely pass it on to my offspring.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
only 3 people still working on harmattan.
Where do you get that number from? I know for a fact that's not accurate at all.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Where do you get that number from? I know for a fact that's not accurate at all.
stay cool, maybe only 3 thats left, but this community will be doing better like whats happened to N900,