Active Topics

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
Originally Posted by crazyhg View Post
Here, try this.. It's simple but it works.
thanks, mate... one question - I think it would be nice to have similar app, but for switching amongst 2g/Dual/3g... it could really help the battery to last longer, especially while that notorius Skype logged in consumption bug is not solved... You could make that kind of app out of this one very easily, am I right?

http://n9-apps.com/uptimer

Its an app that shows the uptime for your phone, but it also have two buttons/shortcuts:
1) flightmode on/off
2) powersave on/off

works like a charm! Tho' its just as fast going to settings... but powersave goes faster. (I know it's not what you asked for ) but the code for flight mode shortcut is inside this app

The Following User Says Thank You to willybr For This Useful Post:
thanks - nice app... but I'd really like to have 2g/dual/3g switcher button on the homescreen... we already got bt on/off homescreen button, powersave mode on/off too, and now cellular network on/off - it's time for this one...

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
thanks - nice app... but I'd really like to have 2g/dual/3g switcher button on the homescreen... we already got bt on/off homescreen button, powersave mode on/off too, and now cellular network on/off - it's time for this one...
i need this badly. anyone willing to help

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Italy
I modified the application.. now it works with the native Flight mode!

Here the project page https://projects.developer.nokia.com/flightmode
and direct link to deb flightmode_0.0.2_armel.deb

I also made a 2G/3G switcher: https://projects.developer.nokia.com/2g3g
and deb 2g3g_0.0.1_armel.deb

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to crazyhg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Very interesting. Even Nokia clearly stated this function is not available to 3th party applications, you say you got it working. Does it need Open Kernel?
Would you be willing to share how you did this?
I am desperately looking for this function for my SleepAnalyser. Also ProfileMatic still misses this feature.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Can you make a portrait lock button? Now I use "glol p" in terminal, but a toggle button would be much nicer and easier. Toggle Between portrait and auto rotate plz, don't use landscape often..

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana

Here the project page https://projects.developer.nokia.com/flightmode
and direct link to deb flightmode_0.0.2_armel.deb

I also made a 2G/3G switcher: https://projects.developer.nokia.com/2g3g
and deb 2g3g_0.0.1_armel.deb
thanks so much. been needing this

thanks, mate... ok, a bit pushy from me, but... I'd really like to have dual option too, so that 2g could be set up if I want to preserve my battery life, and Dual in normal use... if "only 3g" is set up then there is a risk to be offline in case there is a network 3g "black spot" in some area... so [only 2g] and [dual] or [only 2g] and [dual] and [only 3g]... I'm sure that many would appreciate this...

EDIT: sorry, mate - I've just seen Your tip how to achieve what I wanted... thanks, again...

Last edited by Zelig; 2012-02-21 at 19:07.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
Very interesting. Even Nokia clearly stated this function is not available to 3th party applications, you say you got it working. Does it need Open Kernel?
Would you be willing to share how you did this?
I am desperately looking for this function for my SleepAnalyser. Also ProfileMatic still misses this feature.
I have looked at some of these programs, that seem to be able to use these forbidden API features (like Power Saving Mode, Flight Mode) etc.

I have a hunch how they got it to work, but I have not had the time to do the research properly and test to make sure. However, here's my best guess on it:

It seems these applications use or abuse the privileges of applauncher daemon, which is used to start Harmattan applications (when you use /usr/bin/invoker). So apparently applauncher daemon can get those restricted privileges, and by extension also applications launched by it. But for this to work you need to ask the privileges for both the applauncher daaemon and your application.

Here's an example:

Code:
<aegis>
        <request policy="add">
                <credential name="mce::DeviceModeControl" />

<for path="/opt/app/bin/app" />
                <for path="applauncherd-launcher::/usr/bin/applauncherd.bin" id="" />
        </request>
</aegis>
This is pure guessing based, if you want to try it let me know if it worked. I'm not sure if I can use this approach for ProfileMatic because ProfileMatic is running in background. But I will test when I get some time.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: