Active Topics

Notices

Poll: What MMORPG game would u like to have ?
Poll Options
What MMORPG game would u like to have ?

The game will no doubt be both cooperative and competative,with a cross between sim and strategy gameplay. similar to a 4x game but with other players all trying to achieve a similar goal.

obviously i am only going on what has been discussed in this thread and Teamer could make a dressup clown game instead...

With games of this nature you dont really need a story, i do admit that one may help especially with regards to predefined factions or npc enemies but all those facebook games dont have a story as such yet millions play em

I was away for 2 days didnt have access to internet too .
ill start building the game on monday so testers will be able to register by thursday .

who wants to test and doesn't see his name in n900.okitoo.net please IM me .

A few extra ideas,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eve_Online

The economy section is defo worth a read

The Following User Says Thank You to Spotfist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
A few extra ideas,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eve_Online

The economy section is defo worth a read
i am building the world now , might take a week before you can really start building a base , but its going to be awesome .

The world consists of about 50000 sectors , divided into 5 zones , each zone have it's special characteristics (security , risk , artifacts , resources) 2 of the zones require special technology to start a base on them .

one you start a game you either select a sector (if you know a friend who players in a sector as him for the sector id) - or you're put in a random sector (most probably near other players)
you explore the 2500 areas in your sector to find other players/resources/fight pirates to get more resources/blueprints for upgrades or acquire new technologies or find artifacts for various usage / fight with other players - get in an alliance with others / find other planets to take over and defent for more resources / send backup to your friends to defend them and much more ...

The Following User Says Thank You to teamer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by teamer View Post
and much more ...
Is that code for ninjas?

Originally Posted by ukki View Post
Is that code for ninjas?
YES ! ninjas in space

The Following User Says Thank You to teamer For This Useful Post:
I assume there will be trading too? Have been recently playing a bit of Travian 3 (web based MMO) you can trade but only like 4 resources, wood, iron, clay and wheat!

With your idea of different sectors having different resources trade would be far more interesting, Need loads of resources to trade.

All sounds awesome though! Can't waiT!

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
I assume there will be trading too? Have been recently playing a bit of Travian 3 (web based MMO) you can trade but only like 4 resources, wood, iron, clay and wheat!

With your idea of different sectors having different resources trade would be far more interesting, Need loads of resources to trade.

All sounds awesome though! Can't waiT!
Nice idea !
what are the main resources that can be available ?
we have 5 zones (5 types of sectors)
we have artifacts and resources
we could have like 100 artifacts (rare stuff)
and maybe 4-7 types of resources

any ideas about the resources ?
Uranium and iron are mandatory
any others that would be required in space ?

complete the list guys :

- Uranium
- Iron
- ??
- ??
- ??
- ??
- ??

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
They may say I'm a dreamer....

.... but I'm not the only one!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by teamer View Post
Nice idea !
what are the main resources that can be available ?
we have 5 zones (5 types of sectors)
we have artifacts and resources
we could have like 100 artifacts (rare stuff)
and maybe 4-7 types of resources

any ideas about the resources ?
Uranium and iron are mandatory
any others that would be required in space ?

complete the list guys :

- Uranium
- Iron
- ??
- ??
- ??
- ??
- ??
i actually tried to find a list of resources earlier today, I suppose it all depends on how many resources you want.

I would assume that certain buildings would require certain materials and it would be down to getting the mix just right. Say as an example you start off in a sector where agriculture is key, you would have to trade your farm produce to gain materials to build your empire, perhaps you could build basic buildings. it would therefore be important that farm produce is required by another player as he/she is mining, so they provide the materials for themselves but need food to expand and thus the trade cycle begins...

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/It...se:Trade_Goods

The above link is one to the trade goods in EVE, probably the consumer goods are the ones to look at, some nice chances to name a few extra bits yourself lol.

http://www.ironfrost.co.uk/elite/tradegoods.html

The above is a list from Frontier Elite and is probably a bit more straightforward. I suppose if you wanted more goods you could expand on the list so if you were a miner it wouldn't just be gems, metal alloys, minerals, precious metals... You could go through all the metals as you have done.

I suppose then when you start a game you would be doing simple things like mining, farming etc and would be less of a target as apposed to someone who no longer mines and instead purchases raw materials to turn into robots etc...?

The Following User Says Thank You to Spotfist For This Useful Post: