Active Topics

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
I have proposed to have a TSG for CSSU in a separate thread.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82372

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Hey

I'm currently running CSSU stable. I have some trouble playing some media (codec related issues). I would try switching to the testing mode to see if 720p patch solve my troubles.

Can I do that? should I simply have to enable testing?

d!

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by thedarkus View Post
Hey

I'm currently running CSSU stable. I have some trouble playing some media (codec related issues). I would try switching to the testing mode to see if 720p patch solve my troubles.

d!
As far as I know you have to reflash you phone to change CSSU Flawour.

The Following User Says Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by thedarkus View Post
d!
I'm not sure it's been tried. It should work to go from stable to testing, but there are no guarantees. Be warned though, there is no easy way back to stable! The path from stable to testing should just be additive. Newer versions should be able to install and figure out their dependencies on their own. Testing to stable is subtractive. And even if you can figure out which packages need to be reverted, you'd have to revert them by hand (CLI) and none of the tools do that quite as good as they probably should.

I'm not sure it's worth it just to get codecs to work. There are other options for tweaking you may want to explore first.

Edit: I'm also not sure the 720p is even in CSSU Testing. AFAIK it's a separate animal one must apply by hand, even in CSSU-T.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I'm not sure it's been tried. It should work to go from stable to testing, but there are no guarantees. Be warned though, there is no easy way back to stable! The path from stable to testing should just be additive. Newer versions should be able to install and figure out their dependencies on their own. Testing to stable is subtractive. And even if you can figure out which packages need to be reverted, you'd have to revert them by hand (CLI) and none of the tools do that quite as good as they probably should.

I'm not sure it's worth it just to get codecs to work. There are other options for tweaking you may want to explore first.

Edit: I'm also not sure the 720p is even in CSSU Testing. AFAIK it's a separate animal one must apply by hand, even in CSSU-T.
In order to avoid any kind of trouble, I have reflashed the device and installed CSSU in his testing flawour

But there are some things that I can't understand:

I don't have any kind of tvout widget available, all seems similar to the default tvout controls. The control panel applet is the standard one too. No news at all

I can't see any difference in the camera application, it looks like the default one, no settings related to HD resolution, no new methods to handle zoom. Should I install some packages?

d!

ya , I too support TSG for CSSU because cssu updates have been irregular , so if we have TSG we could have monthly updates or maybe more contribution to development of cssu..
(its been almost one month since last update hope new update comes soon)

please how i can install cssu

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by liao22 View Post
please how i can install cssu
The issues you are experiencing were already solved by others, check all CSSU threads.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
There is a email bug (I think) in CSSU stable and testing version.
I have 4 e-mail accounts setup on my device to retrieve every 30min my emails and leave the original on the pop servers and works no problem on maemo 5 PR 1.3.1 but not on CSSU stable & testing ex: as I delete the emails from device the e-mails from the server are deleted to, the update for every 30min does not work either. I have read on some post can't remember witch one that was a similar problem prior to PR1.3 and was fixed with the update on PR1.3. Does anyone else have similar problem ?

The Following User Says Thank You to g0r For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing