Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by superpj101 View Post
on select keyset then devices. can you add the AC in there. thanks!
I suppose I could, but I'd prefer to get an actual confirmation that the keysets work on at least one air conditioner before I do that. I'm fairly confident that they will, but not certain.

If you have gotten one of the A/C keysets to work, perhaps you could list the device on the Device Compatibility List? That's what I'm really using to drive the device filter. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Asunción, Paraguay, South America
I would like to report something that perhaps might be a bug in Pierogi. I'm using the latest release.

So far, I've seen the problem only with LG keysets. I hadn't had time to test it with my Philips sets.

The problem is: I put the LG keyset in my favorites. The Philips keyset was preselected. I wanted to change some setting in a LG TV set, so I changed the keyset using my favorites.

Result? No respone from the TV set.

Then, I selected the keyset from the app menu... and only then it worked.

That's it: When I select the LG keyset from the favorites, it doesn't work. But when I select it from the app menu, it does. Can you look into it, Copernicus, please? Thank you !

The Following User Says Thank You to sombragris For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sombragris View Post
I changed the keyset using my favorites.

Result? No respone from the TV set.

Then, I selected the keyset from the app menu... and only then it worked.
Interesting! This sounds like a fairly decent bug. I suppose there are a number of different possibilities; for one, I'm only changing keysets when Qt reports that the "selection has changed"; it may be possible (via some form of "dragging" or other gesture) to highlight an entry in the list without officially "selecting" it... It could also be that the entry in the favorites list has somehow gotten modified or corrupted; the problem may go away if you remove the keyset and add it back in. (Even better, leave the existing entry in the favorites list, and try to add the keyset after selecting it from the main keyset menu. If you can get the same LG keyset into the favorites list twice, then something has definitely gotten corrupted in the QSettings file.)

I'll see if I can find anything to cause such behavior in the code... Thanks!

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
The first decent IR control application. Very good work!

Excellent app - thanks. Can you add the Sinotec keysets - it says it uses the RC A22 remote.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
flawless app!

Originally Posted by ashrufr View Post
Can you add the Sinotec keysets - it says it uses the RC A22 remote.
Sinotec looks like it is going to be hard to do -- I'm not finding any config files anywhere...

I just see the program in Extras and download.

I have a Sony TV and works perfect with the keyset 1 (isn`t metion the model on the device list, but a lot of sony tv have or use the same "configuration/remote control").

I`m going to try with a ps3 (via bravia sinc).

I would like if you can add the direct tv keyset, if you can`t, don`t worry.

Greetings.

Edit: Confirmed, it work with the ps3 too (via bravia sinc).

Is very anoying to write (for example introduce password to log in) but works.

it would be cool if you can add letters in the numbers of the keyset or/and with the red/green/yellow/blue buttons should be the X/triangle/square/circle function of the ps3 control (mostrly triangle who really is necesary for some stuff).

Last edited by s4br0s0; 2012-02-21 at 18:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
I have a Sony TV and works perfect with the keyset 1 (isn`t metion the model on the device list, but a lot of sony tv have or use the same "configuration/remote control").
Could you give us the model number? I'd love to put it into the list, and moreover, there seems to be a problem in Pierogi with some types of Sony TV, and I'd like to find out which TVs work and which do not. Thanks!

I would like if you can add the direct tv keyset, if you can`t, don`t worry.
I've been fighting with the DirecTv protocol for a while now. There is a preliminary keyset for it in the latest version of Pierogi (in the extras-devel repository), if you'd like to test it out.

it would be cool if you can add letters in the numbers of the keyset or/and with the red/green/yellow/blue buttons should be the X/triangle/square/circle function of the ps3 control (mostrly triangle who really is necesary for some stuff).
Let me look in to it -- there have been a number of user interface improvements suggested for Pierogi, and I'm hoping to spend some time improving the design... Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Could you give us the model number? I'd love to put it into the list, and moreover, there seems to be a problem in Pierogi with some types of Sony TV, and I'd like to find out which TVs work and which do not. Thanks!
Model is KDL-40WL140 (little old).

I've been fighting with the DirecTv protocol for a while now. There is a preliminary keyset for it in the latest version of Pierogi (in the extras-devel repository), if you'd like to test it out.
I use it as primary phone so i stay "safe" in Extras, so sorry can't help.

Let me look in to it -- there have been a number of user interface improvements suggested for Pierogi, and I'm hoping to spend some time improving the design... Thanks!
Well do what you can, the program is simple and works, that's the important.

By the way, the buttons for play, pause, etc works well too on the ps3 when see a movie.

Thanks for the program.

Greettings.

The Following User Says Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control