Active Topics

Notices

thaks again for rhe hp keyset it works
i have ir receiver what shall i do to get my own remotes in pierogi ?
thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to davdav For This Useful Post:
Hi Copernicus, great job indeed, working without a hitch.
Would you consider adding "Technosat" satellite receivers IR codes.

/nkirk

Its working great for Sony TV. Need to check for other TVs.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Rome-Italy
I selected United and TV, but does not give me the list of Keyset Other problems I wrote to you there ....

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by davdav View Post
i have ir receiver what shall i do to get my own remotes in pierogi ?
Ah, I have not actually done this myself yet, so I don't know just how much effort it takes. But I do know that the LIRC folks can use their server to read IR and store unknown IR pulses. That is, in fact, how the enormous database of LIRC config files has been constructed. And I'm sure there are other similar tools out there as well.

As for getting the codes into Pierogi, I haven't yet spent the time to create a config file mechanism for the program. I was originally going to use the LIRC file format, but I don't think it would work for my purposes any more... I'll need some time to come up with something.

But the Pierogi source code is available, if you'd like to try a hand at it yourself. And I'm certainly willing to work on importing any new codes you send me...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nkirk View Post
Would you consider adding "Technosat" satellite receivers IR codes.
Hmm, I'm not finding any config files for the Technosat. (I can find posts from people asking about Technosat codes, and not getting any responses, so that's not a good sign.) This one will take some effort...

Originally Posted by skricciolo1981 View Post
I selected United and TV, but does not give me the list of Keyset
Ah, that would be because I'm using this list to filter keysets by device. Since there are no United devices on that list yet, no keysets will show up.

If you just select United, and leave the device filter at "any", the two United keysets will show up.

I'm going to have to create a separate "compatible devices" list in the GUI, rather than use this "filter by device" mechanism.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Rome-Italy
"If you just select United, and leave the device filter at "any", the two United keysets will show up."
mmm nothing, tried without filter, but the 2 keyset does not work, perhaps because it is a United TV and not a DVD or DVBT?

Last edited by skricciolo1981; 2012-02-22 at 14:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to skricciolo1981 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Yes, several people have commented about range problems; certainly, 3 feet is too short. I'll take a look at RCA again (although I must admit my RCA data is a mess right now, might take a while).

For the GDIs, I've just added several Motorola keysets (which also go under the brand name General Instruments; I should probably note that somewhere); with luck, one of the STB keysets (1, 1a, or 1b) will work for you...
Tried the Motorola STB and it Work with the GDI STB also.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrwormp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by skricciolo1981 View Post
the 2 keyset does not work, perhaps because it is a United TV and not a DVD or DVBT?
Yeah, that's the big problem -- I was only able to find keysets for a DVD and for a set-top box, not for a TV. There just aren't a lot of United config files to be found...

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control