Active Topics

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
N9 has the same spec with LG optimus black,

and the price is overrated(N9)
optimus black is cheap contructions build. etc etc

and remenber elop is trying to amke people DONT BUY the n9

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Now as far as the N9 goes - Multi tasking is the only thing going for itself. Thats my opinion and not a fact. I am beginning to enjoy the tweaks coming to the N9 but I find myself bored quite often using the N9. I hate doing the "the N900 could do this..but N9 cant" but the N900 really had so many features embedded in it allowed you to really explore and customise the phone to your liking. Every part of it. It might be too early to judge N9 right now but as it stands I struggle.

N9 absolutely suffers from lag. I am convinced that Nokia cannot produce a high end N series phone which has it all. Want a demonstration? go to your IM accounts and hit "All Online". Now watch the N9 suffer in pain as it tries to log into each account and organise the address book by availability status. Now try to scroll up and down the address book. Major Lag. There just isnt a smooth experience. Now try to have a conversation with more than one contact. There is a LOT of potential here and i only feel that further optimisation is needed. N9 isnt bad but it isnt the real alternative to the iphone/androids out there.
IMO the lag is tolerable... but hopefully in time, an overclocking solution will remedy that. I absolutely agree with the "the N900 could do this... but N9 can't" portion though.

Hey..anyone knows a way to remove android and the dual boot kernel?

Will reflashing help?

Just reflash with the current firmware.

The Following User Says Thank You to MrBlueSky For This Useful Post:
Hi just a question for those who installed this, are you able to answer/receive/make calls? I can ring, and receive incoming calls but cant actually answer. Is this really not yet supported?

Originally Posted by ssjmec View Post
Hi just a question for those who installed this, are you able to answer/receive/make calls? I can ring, and receive incoming calls but cant actually answer. Is this really not yet supported?
Not yet supported. Probably never will, seeing how N900 still has no voice calls because, e-yes says, the audio HAL is broken.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
ICS so far is hell. my asus pad restarts itself everyday and hangs on reboot and kills itself. i come home to a a dead pad everyday.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
wait for mr.bean, oops my bad, i mean jellybean

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Everyone raises valid points around the strengths of N9/Note etc. Android ICS is much better in closing the gap that kept me away from Android. Multi tasking still isnt fine tuned and it feels like an after thought. What do i mean? well you can return to the home/app screen by still using the virtual home key. I much prefer where you are forced to use the multi tasking gesture (like Harmattan and webOS) as this enforces the goodness of multi tasking and allows you to better understand whats open.

Having used ICS on my touchpad I found that i would constantly open apps and then re open them from the app screen not realising they were already running and visible in the multi tasking window. The swipe left/right to close is a sweet touch but it all doesnt ...feel right. Not like the N9.

Now as far as the N9 goes - Multi tasking is the only thing going for itself. Thats my opinion and not a fact. I am beginning to enjoy the tweaks coming to the N9 but I find myself bored quite often using the N9. I hate doing the "the N900 could do this..but N9 cant" but the N900 really had so many features embedded in it allowed you to really explore and customise the phone to your liking. Every part of it. It might be too early to judge N9 right now but as it stands I struggle.

N9 absolutely suffers from lag. I am convinced that Nokia cannot produce a high end N series phone which has it all. Want a demonstration? go to your IM accounts and hit "All Online". Now watch the N9 suffer in pain as it tries to log into each account and organise the address book by availability status. Now try to scroll up and down the address book. Major Lag. There just isnt a smooth experience. Now try to have a conversation with more than one contact. There is a LOT of potential here and i only feel that further optimisation is needed. N9 isnt bad but it isnt the real alternative to the iphone/androids out there.
The browser is pain and the VKB really isnt as easy to use for me as I had hoped.
android ICS sucks my salty balls on a smartphone. i dont need my phone to restart randomly. N9 is rock solid in that category.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post: