Notices

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
I think Sony Receiver Keyset 1 should be the closest one for that device... If it isn't working, it may be falling prey to the "Sony Problem" Pierogi has been having -- you might have to hold your N900 right up to the receiver for it to recognize the signal. (I still haven't figured out the cause of this problem...)
You are right, it works, at least most basic functions, but only being very close and aiming carefully.

The remote control for this device is model RM-AAU17 and some important features are missing such as changing audio mode (Auto, Dolby, MultiStereo...).

It's unfortunate as the original remote control also needs to aim very carefully to work and Pierogi would have been a perfect replacement now that I can also control the TV and VLC video player via web interface in PC connected to the TV.

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2012-02-24 at 19:16.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
The remote control for this device is model RM-AAU17 and some important features are missing such as changing audio mode (Auto, Dolby, MultiStereo...).
Yes, I built the current UI of Pierogi specifically with an eye towards TV, VCR and DVD usage; and it turns out this misses a lot of audio related functionality. I really need to rework the UI, possibly with an entire alternate set of tabs for different keysets. (Other devices, like cameras and air conditioners, are an even worse fit to the existing UI...)

It's unfortunate as the original remote control also needs to aim very carefully to work and Pierogi would have been a perfect replacement now that I can also control the TV and VLC video player via web interface in PC connected to the TV.
I'm beginning to wonder if maybe there just isn't something odd about the IR receivers that Sony is using. I would bet that you could use an "IR Repeater" with the receiver to make both Pierogi and the original remote control work better...

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Anybody with problems tried in pitch black?
Possible interference from lighting or sunlight?
Probably not but worth ruling out

--Edit
I mean range problems, for those who wondered what I was on about!!!

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Last edited by sixwheeledbeast; 2012-02-24 at 23:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Also link to Pierogi 1.0.0 Package Rate page would be handy.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
This app is awesome and much better than Qtirreco wich is dead because it's database is down .

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
I sat with the n900 about 3' messing with sky set 1a. It work but every 4th or 5th press. Any chance it's down to how long the key is pressed for because it's seems to be a really quick press works. I might also be talking poo.

The Following User Says Thank You to king Ralphred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
I sat with the n900 about 3' messing with sky set 1a. It work but every 4th or 5th press. Any chance it's down to how long the key is pressed for because it's seems to be a really quick press works.
Well, darn. I must still have the protocol wrong -- I thought I fixed the "toggle" bit last time I tried, but this sounds just like what would happen if I'm still sending it wrong. Let me take another look at it, I just need to get the protocol straight in my head...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
pls add a specific remote(model no) like on psiloc ir remote on symbian....thanks...

CasTTeLLo

I have an idea - is it possible to make this application so it can learn from existing remotes? That would be really awesome!

Originally Posted by wojtech View Post
I have an idea - is it possible to make this application so it can learn from existing remotes? That would be really awesome!
Hardware does not allow this.

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control