Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
#41
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Sigh... How on earth did this turn into a thread about almost all the idle drain/consumption issues?
Keep that in the epic idle consumption thread, this one should be focused on the original discussion point.
Well, if the "Epic idle drain consumption" thread wasn't deleted maybe the OP & myself wouldn't need to post here.

I feel like I'm feeding a troll (jalyst) but I don't think it's your place to police EVERY thread, both here & FMC when (to my knowledge) you don't even have an N9.

AND

The OP's problem is / was idle drain - in their view caused by skype.
__________________
I think there should be another word for mondegreen
 

The Following User Says Thank You to rfa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
#42
@jalyst blame me for the reopening of this thread, but the "epic" thread is removed - available only through google cache... I'd really like to make n9 more useful waiting for PR1.2 - sharing my experiences could only help...

btw this morning I've unplugged the charger, 3G was on, Skype not logged - steady 19mA... about 1h ago, Skype account logged in - idle consumption slowly increasing, now already at 32mA... would be useful if some other IM plugin existed that could connect to skype account, just to check the situation then...
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zelig For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Dec 2011
#43
Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
@jalyst blame me for the reopening of this thread, but the "epic" thread is removed - available only through google cache... I'd really like to make n9 more useful waiting for PR1.2 - sharing my experiences could only help...

btw this morning I've unplugged the charger, 3G was on, Skype not logged - steady 19mA... about 1h ago, Skype account logged in - idle consumption slowly increasing, now already at 32mA... would be useful if some other IM plugin existed that could connect to skype account, just to check the situation then...
YOU are still well below 40 mA with Skype online ... of course, there is higher power consumption, when you log in for Skype (online) ... but your power consumption seems to be OK now ... yes, you can enable and disable your Skype account easily through "Accounts" app (so you can use it just for checking purpose by that way) ... btw, I prefer to use fb for text messaging (instead of Skype and SMS), because is easy and it does not cause high power consumption ... fb is very good substitute for missing Whatsapp too (no point to use it, even if it is available, as it causes higher power consumption) ...
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaripi For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,119 | Thanked: 3,969 times | Joined on Oct 2009
#44
Originally Posted by rfa View Post
Well, if the "Epic idle drain consumption" thread wasn't deleted maybe the OP & myself wouldn't need to post here.

I feel like I'm feeding a troll (jalyst) but I don't think it's your place to police EVERY thread, both here & FMC
Wow... I was not aware the thread has been deleted, why on earth has that happened?
The mods need to explain that, it was a very important repository...
The point I raised was quite valid, & was not in anyway an attempt to "troll" as you characterize it.
But as the suitable thread's been deleted, I can understand why this one's been commandeered.

*UPDATE*
Sent a PM to one of the mods asking what happened, & if it can be restored, below:
Originally Posted by jalyst
Hi Reggie,

Sorry to bug you directly, but as you're a mod I'm hoping you can help.
For some reason a very high volume & important thread, went AWOL.

It was the idle consumption thread in this sub-forum:
http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51
I forget it's exact name, but I think the URL's mentioned here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...68#post1151468

This was a very important thread...
As it documented pretty much every known issue causing high battery drain.
Do you know who's deleted it, and why on earth would they have?

Perhaps it was an honest mistake...
Mods often move threads from the N9/N950 to the MeeGo/Harmattan sub-forum.
Maybe they removed it from the former, but forgot to put it into the latter?

Please can you help everyone by restoring this thread!?
It was a very important repository of info for the community!

Thank-you.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-12 at 11:13.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
#45
I'm still waiting for PR1.2 to come for my branded ('&%$&%#$&%) N9 - any info guys how PR1.2 handles battery consumption with 3G + Skype logged in?
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Zelig For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2012
#46
Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
I'm still waiting for PR1.2 to come for my branded ('&%$&%#$&%) N9 - any info guys how PR1.2 handles battery consumption with 3G + Skype logged in?
My battery life without Skype is great, with Skype I go 8 hours with medium usage, i.e. not good at all.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to rohitgarewal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West New York
#47
It's June 2013 and it appears that this problem has not yet been resolved. Skype just burns through my battery when the phone is on 3G mode; this issue also exists with SIP connections. Both Skype and SIP work great over Wifi.
As other posters have noted, this has nothing to do with 3G as the phone gets through more than a day and a half on 3G with Skype turned off.
This is a real dealbreaker
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ravoori For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:15.