Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
have this on two devices now...one finland and the other is singapore.

the finland device was flashed, and the singapore device was ota.

hard lag when the devicce is updating the email, which seems to hang and eat up battery and patience (on my part)

phone crashes and closes

sms crashes

fenix is constantly crashing

the device gets very hot while charging and discharging now. (much more than pr1.1)

the battery life....i used to get about 8 hours with heavy usage (off charger 7-730am, charge again about 2-3pm) and then back on the charger about 1130pm. today, i have charged it twice and it is only 630pm.

seems that the device is working hard for some reason in the background, causing it to constantly transmit, causing the issues.

i get about 1-1.5 mintues of talk time for 1% of battery.

Looks like you ran into the infamous messageserver issue. Your best bet is to flash it (do the "comprehensive reset").

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by lifeintheblitz View Post
I have observed that XVID and DIVX files are a little choppy now. It's like they are skipping a frame or two. They used to play as smooth as butter with PR 1.1 H.264 files still play well though.
The preloaded vids (like N9 promo) are now playing with slight stutters, whereas before, smooth as olive oil on butter on ice.

What is the cause of that? Is there a solution?

Just performed a re-install of PR1.2 using Nokia Software Updater. Fenix mail client still not launching, and half of "Applications" Settings menu items (incl. "Installations") still not working either. i.e. same issues as before.

On the other hand, all my apps are now gone... I guess that's an improvement?

Last edited by thenutflush; 2012-03-02 at 03:11.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
Looks like you ran into the infamous messageserver issue. Your best bet is to flash it (do the "comprehensive reset").
only challenge to this is that it is happening on one device that was flashed ( i flashed it, and understand how) and 2 devices that are ota.

it would seem hard to see that all three would have the 1 bug issue...it has to be an OS firmware issue.

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
If you feel your N9 sluggish right after the update to PR1.2 - do NOT worry! It is just tracker rebuilding its database. Takes like 10 minutes, after that your device will be silky smooth again! :P
I would say the same! Just leave it alone, after a while, it will be fine. It will even be smoother than 1.1. I used to get some lag with 1.1, and not anymore with 1.2.

The Following User Says Thank You to sln95 For This Useful Post:
It is rather strange to see so many different problems reported which I don't have. The problems that I have weren't reported too much.

Example,

1. FB feeds used not to work and it is working fine now.
2. multiple yahoo and yahoo bizmail didn't work. It is working fine now.
3. messageserver used to drain power. it doesn't anymore
4. Stock Browser doesn't work sometimes while FF and Opera have no problem.
5. AccuWeather doesn't work.
6. Probably a few other things more...

If the same set of problems happened only to some device and not the other, what could the reasons be?

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by sln95 View Post
It is rather strange to see so many different problems reported which I don't have. The problems that I have weren't reported too much.

Example,

1. FB feeds used not to work and it is working fine now.
2. multiple yahoo and yahoo bizmail didn't work. It is working fine now.
3. messageserver used to drain power. it doesn't anymore
4. Stock Browser doesn't work sometimes while FF and Opera have no problem.
5. AccuWeather doesn't work.
6. Probably a few other things more...

If the same set of problems happened only to some device and not the other, what could the reasons be?
Differences in firmware/ tweaks done. Also not flashing emmc and not flashing firmware onto phone vs. NSU or OTA.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Man, what a difference a flash(er) makes. I just flashed it, didn't do eMMC or erase user data.

The main reason I did it was due to the inability to install anything from the store. But I was having a little lag and some noticeable battery drain (inconsistency). PR1.1 I was averaging below 30ma, initial OTA PR1.2 I was probably averaging around 40ma. I looked at my phone just now, around 20MA.

Getting back up and running wasn't too bad, I had to reinstall all the apps and change some settings back, but the data and user accounts came back without a hitch.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Malaysia
I have an issue as well. Mine is rather wired. See the Screenshot(my screen protector is heavily scratched, I know). It says PR1.2 but the number in the brackets stands for PR1.1

Actually the phone is partly working. Most applications wont work, regardless they're stock one's or third party. I can't reinstall them because it says App is incompatible with other installed apps.

I'm puzzled.

I hv restarted two times -> still the same. I hv restored the phone -> still the same.
I don't hv dev mode anymore. Dev. apps are incompatible with other installed apps, the phone says.

Anybody had/has the same problem?
Attached Images

Last edited by Great Wolfgang; 2012-03-03 at 09:45.