The new bootloader that ships with PR1.2 includes new 'security' restrictions that mean that a number of operations will exit trusted mode, triggering a disclaimer message whenever you boot the phone.

Do not load any third-party kernels using flasher, such as the "rescue kernel". Doing so will set an "untrusted" flag that can only be reset by reflashing the phone, clearing all user data.

The one exception is if you wish to use open mode - this is an easy way to enable that on PR1.2. However, this should only be done immediately after reflashing the phone.

Last edited by itsnotabigtruck; 2012-02-28 at 15:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
i do not know what i should think about pr 1.2. on the one hand it introduced nice new features as folder, dlna and video chat support, on the other hand i am really pwxxyz off. let me explain why:
  • immediately after upgrading to pr 1.2 via OTA i suffered from bug 123, i.e. the N9 forgets about your account settings after each reboot, which is more than annoying (see [1]).
  • as avoiding reboots or reentering account setting on every reboot is no solution i flashed pr 1.2 firmware in the hope that my prior backups would work properly.
  • i made those backups using the rescue images, trying to restore them resulted now - with pr 1.2 active - in a warning that the system is manipulated, i will loose guarantee and so on which would be no issue at all if the N9 would not stay in a reboot cycle
  • okay, now i used the backup made with settings/sync & backup to restore some of my data. trying to activate harmattans devel repo and to install fundamental packages resulted in the signature issue itsnotabigtruck described here (see [2]).

so, with what will Nokia suprise us next?!

[1] https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=123
[2] http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82495

Last edited by BluesLee; 2012-03-03 at 12:38.