Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
Strange... QtQuick should be installed as of PR 1.2. Are you running PR 1.1 or 1.0 still?

EDIT: Oh... sorry. I'ts a bug on my side. With stock N900 firmware there is only Qt 4.7.0 which requires the import statement "import Qt 4.7" instead of the new style "import QtQuick 1.0". I'll fix it with version 1.0.
It worked after applying that compatibility fix. Thanks! Doesn't XBMC provide a way to see addons and start them? Killer feature for me is to map the keyboard so that searching in addons like youtube can be a breeze. Not sure if XBMC has the support for remote capability.

Originally Posted by milli View Post
It worked after applying that compatibility fix. Thanks! Doesn't XBMC provide a way to see addons and start them? Killer feature for me is to map the keyboard so that searching in addons like youtube can be a breeze. Not sure if XBMC has the support for remote capability.
Nope... Xbmc does not support this yet. But there are plans to allow addons to register their own remote controlling API. That should allow all the stuff you need. Unfortunately, at the current release pace this won't be released within the next year.

Nope... Xbmc does not support this yet. But there are plans to allow addons to register their own remote controlling API. That should allow all the stuff you need. Unfortunately, at the current release pace this won't be released within the next year.
Other than that it looks great..much better than the android app. To get the latest update do I have to add the dev repository?

Last edited by milli; 2012-02-27 at 00:09.

Thanks a lot for this great application.

I'm using latest XBMC server (v11 R3) and xbmc remote 0.9.

There are two major issues for me:

1. I cannot seem to find a way to add a folder/m3u list of file to the playlist - only a single file at a time. Is there a way to do that which I missed?

2. Is there a way to activate the on screen display when video/music plays (the one that the pressing the 'm' key brings up)? Through this menu it is possible to do things like select subtitles, and other tweaks which are very much missing.
When this menu is up, it is possible to use the regular navigation controls to do all the operations, just need this 'm' key press simulation

Thanks.

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
1. I cannot seem to find a way to add a folder/m3u list of file to the playlist - only a single file at a time. Is there a way to do that which I missed?
There seems t be a bug in XBMC right now.

2. Is there a way to activate the on screen display when video/music plays (the one that the pressing the 'm' key brings up)? Through this menu it is possible to do things like select subtitles, and other tweaks which are very much missing.
When this menu is up, it is possible to use the regular navigation controls to do all the operations, just need this 'm' key press simulation
This one is not available yet in Eden but it looks like they are already working on it in git master for XBMC version 12.

There seems t be a bug in XBMC right now.

This one is not available yet in Eden but it looks like they are already working on it in git master for XBMC version 12.
(1) can be implemented (for opening playlists) with:
"http://[server url]/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=PlayFile([playlist path + .m3u file])"

playlists, files and folders can be appended to current playlist with:
"http://[server url]/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=AddToPlayList([playlist/file/folder])"

(2) can be implemented with this command:
"http://[server[/url] address]/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=SendKey(0xF04D)"

I tested all and they work great

Is it possible for you to add this somewhere?

I was very impressed by a feature in this remote application:

Yesterday i realized that when i get a phone call, the sound is automatically muted until the call is ended - i thought something was wrong at first with my audio system - this REALLY is a great feature - thanks for your work.

Last edited by impeham; 2012-03-05 at 09:30.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
(1) can be implemented (for opening playlists) with:
"http://[server url]/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=PlayFile([playlist path + .m3u file])"

playlists, files and folders can be appended to current playlist with:
"http://[server url]/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=AddToPlayList([playlist/file/folder])"

(2) can be implemented with this command:
"http://[server[/url] address]/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=SendKey(0xF04D)"

I tested all and they work great

Is it possible for you to add this somewhere?
This is the old deprecated HTTP API. I did not really intend to make use of it because it will stop working at some point. Especially for (1) I won't add it because its there in the new API and apparently just broken right now. For (2) you could convince me as its pretty straight forward to update it to the new API once its available there. I have to check how much effort it is to make it work smoothly without adding additional config hazzle for the user.

I was very impressed by a feature in this remote application:

Yesterday i realized that when i get a phone call, the sound is automatically muted until the call is ended - i thought something was wrong at first with my audio system - this REALLY is a great feature - thanks for your work.
Thanks. I like that feature too. You can configure it in the settings to set the target volume and if videos should be paused during calls or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
A great more feature would be to pause the music instead of lowering the sound and also pause movie playback if a movie is playing.

A great more feature would be to pause the music instead of lowering the sound and also pause movie playback if a movie is playing.
Well, for video playback I already do the pausing, but for music I think lowering the volume and keep playing is better.

Well, for video playback I already do the pausing, but for music I think lowering the volume and keep playing is better.
video pause - i don't know how i missed that setting - thanks

about pausing the music i guess everyone has their preference:
When i listen to a new album, i don't want to miss songs, so pausing instead of lowering down volume is much better.

can you consider about adding this feature to a next version? i believe there will be more users using this feature besides of me.