Active Topics

hello admin and every member of this forum. I am new here...and i hope will enjoy the forum well.

Alina

The Following User Says Thank You to alinasmithctq For This Useful Post:
Hi everybody in his excellent forum!

got my n900 in July/2011 - as a birthday-present of my sons;
they had heard me praising its incredible specs starting beginning of 2010; it was too expensive for me then.
I had (still have) an LG GW620 - because of the hw-keyboard.

In spite of having grown old now (the n900 - and me too ... I'm 58 ) I still think, that the n900 is a good device ... with the exception of the micro-usb port problem (which is still threatening / becoming imminent).

I am a user, not a tinker; did some very basic command-prompt commands ( in some projects where I was an IT-project manager or -analyst) every now and then, but have to consider myself a definitive NOOB concerning real linux- (maemo, ...) experience.

have been lurking about in the forum sporadically since I started to use the n900 (at the moment only via WIFI). Have not made it my phone yet (replacing the LG completely) because of some regularly used features (contact groups, etc.) not available under maemo.

congrats to the community

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gnv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Vancouver
Hello everyone
Greetings from Vancouver, BC! Recently bought a white n9 and I feel very ecstatic so far.
Love the clean look of this forum/site

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sap For This Useful Post:
Hello guys. I registered before an hour..... i have a problem. I cant install prey on my n900. i have put prey folder on root/share and after i cant open it with x terminal. I write sudo gainroot, after i write INSTALLER.sh but nothing. Do you think i have done a mistake somewhere in the folders?????please help me!

The Following User Says Thank You to george-greece For This Useful Post:
Hello Forum People.
Glad I finally registered so I can post something useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Packer For This Useful Post:
Hello!
I bought a black N9 64gb. back in December from another country since I couldn't wait and had a good friend hand carry it back. I've been using Nokia products since the 2110i but really became a fan
upon the N9 announcement and reading up on Hildon and how spotty Nokia support for Maemo has been through the years.

The Following User Says Thank You to Grendell14 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ San Diego, Ca
hello, after buying an N900 in December, I fell in love with the operating system and the enthusiasm of this website. My 64GB N9 comes on Friday. I cannot wait!

The Following User Says Thank You to ktrev For This Useful Post:
Uhm hi I guess... I actually bought myself a n900 shortly after it came out but only now started really playing around with it. Hopefully I won't break it too soon

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lokimotive For This Useful Post:
Just spent 2 days with my new n9 (after a few weeks on a Samsung galaxy ace)

the n9 is amazing...

hope is lasts

Michael

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhereIstheBeer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2012 @ Scotland
Hello folks, just joined having come to Nokia internet tablets after many years with Palm OS devices and my trusty HP200lx as my everyday carry PDAs.

I have an N800 which impressed me so much that I also acquired an N810.

I look forward to posting on this forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ewen For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org