Active Topics

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
stupid...dpkg-buildpackage always cleaning when compiling. it took too much time, but i just changed config... i need to learn how to use make. please, javispedro, please! need help..

Last edited by coderus; 2012-03-11 at 21:40.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
stupid...dpkg-buildpackage always cleaning when compiling. it took too much time, but i just changed config... i need to learn how to use make. please, javispedro, please! need help..
I have build the zImage from the previous config file.
I did a short test Now its bedtime before tomorrow), it failed to boot, but I have an idea that we might need to erase userdata before flashing.
(flasher --erase-user-data)

Please try this
http://www.4shared.com/archive/Jm6GJ...0115101ta.html

i will lose my MyDocs then... need backups
there are no way to erase all except MyDocs
so, too late now, you right. will try it tomorrow...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
i will lose my MyDocs then... need backups
there are no way to erase all except MyDocs
so, too late now, you right. will try it tomorrow...
you will need to factory reset after this (erase all settings) basically emmc will be wiped. or, reflash emmc.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
So the latest firmware for the N950 is PR 1.2 beta (3.2012.02-6), right? It didn't get the "real" 1.2 firmware, did it? Just making sure for my open mode flashing adventures...

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Slovakia
only that one avialable on nokia site, for one click flasher.
I still have not updated my N950, just one of 2 N9s, to prevent such laboring...

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
lol...dont tell iphone owners this. They may show you an app.

hehe.

Is it a free app that installs a Linux distribution or something?

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Hah! Ah well, seemingly, I still can't live without a working spellchecker
Be careful what you wish for.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

nieldk, tried, not booting anyway.
Code:
sudo flasher -F ape_30.bin -k zImage-2.6.32.48-dfl61-20115101 --erase-user-data=secure -f -R
javispedro, need help =)

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
nieldk, tried, not booting anyway.
Code:
sudo flasher -F ape_30.bin -k zImage-2.6.32.48-dfl61-20115101 --erase-user-data=secure -f -R
javispedro, need help =)
What's exactly the problem? Do the vanilla or the aegis neutering kernels work for you? If they do, then forget about any other flasher parameters, the problem is within your kernel config.

Randomly changing the kernel config is not something to be taken lightly; many changes might require that you build and install a new modules package. Dunno about iptables though.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
: "most flawlessly working openmode ever. Maybe first time the whole thing is useful for everyday usage". I leave it for javispedro to elaborate on it. ;-)
EDIT: These are not instructions. Please skip this entire post if you are only interested in entering open mode!

Well, I've been able to completely remove* all aegisfs mountpoints and everything seems to work, including:

- Remembering passwords
- Adding custom certificates
- Installing applications from the store
- Loging into https://meego.com (I swear this did not work for me in stock PR1.2!)
- Using maps, drive, GPS
- Installing packages that use real root, even if they do not even have aegis manifests (aegis dpkg might complain, but since aegis is "neutered" the package will work either way).

To sum it up, a breeze.

(device lock code, however, does not work -- UI always says "code incorrect" when you try to set one)

*Remove as in, deleted every file under /etc/aegisfs.d/ and then rebooted. You _will_ need to copy /etc/ssl/certs/ to somewhere else where perms are kept (e.g. /root/certs/ ) BEFORE doing that and then restore it after rebooting.

Last edited by javispedro; 2012-04-05 at 00:10.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:

Tags
aegis, open kinda