Active Topics

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
So just because some people had micro usb port problems with their n900's, i guess they were fakes too? Quality of product and production errors happen and dont mean they are fake items. If you believe that,then the next time you have a paint chip on your auto, you should try to return it for an "authentic" one.

The Following User Says Thank You to optimistprime For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
What part of "I have a Finnish N9 that's peeling" do you have a problem reading?
The part that say it is your USB-LATCH that is peeling. I don't have a problem with it to be honest, but where is the relevance?

The Following User Says Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by specc View Post
The part that say it is your USB-LATCH that is peeling. I don't have a problem with it to be honest, but where is the relevance?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=114

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by specc View Post
And that USB latch is connected to what?

My Nokia N9... just in case you didn't know. I'm awaiting the chipping around the camera next. Just like the OP.

It's ok. I'm a fan of wabi-sabi... as long as it works and I can clean the screen.

- and your point is what exactly?

guys chill. specc is just saying that because the usb hatch/latch/door (whatever you want to call it) is not made out of PC, that chipping in that area does mean anything. heck it should be expected that it will chip/wear off because it's painted on (since it's made out of metal). it's the chipping on the PC body that is more important.

and i guess so far there hasn't been a reported MIF N9 with chipping on the body.

i don't think the ones that are chipping are fakes though tbh.

My point is re-read what he said

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
My point is re-read what he said
As pointed out by others as well, mr gerbick dude is only going on and on about the USB latch. That piece is not made of polycarbonate, clearly it is irrelevant to this discussion.

So what exactly is your point except being irrelevant?

The Following User Says Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
In that post I pointed to, & even in this most recent post...
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=124
He's quite clearly indicated that he's getting chipping/peeling "elsewhere".

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
I got my from Denmark (64GB black), its kept in the case and so far no pealing! but i have found the PC gets greased up easily, especially the usb latch! its now a greasy looking black which doesn't wipe keep. The main phone body is ok but it has a few darker black marks at the top and bottom of the screen which again i cannot remove.

I often use 100% ethanol to wipe the phone down to clean it and like i say so far so good! I am a little worried though!

I don't think these effected phones are fake, but maybe batch related issues? I cant see why Nokia wouldn't replace under warranty.