my friends ipad 2 is connected to this wifi network. the wifi network does not have any passwords but rather it accepts only registed mac addresses. i can also access the network by registering (just have to fill out some forms and give my photograph and my mac address) so what m trying to do is not illegal. just for testing. i took my friends ipad 2 mac address and changed mine to his through cleven. then i tried to connect (obviously when the ipad 2 is not connected). it does connect where previosly before changing mac it gave " network error try again? "

but i cannot browse the internet. My friends ipad2 can browse.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Static IP? Proxy?

sorry. dint understand. i think the ip is static. the only information that is needed abt the device when registering is the mac address. so if i change it to a registered one. it should work right. it connects though

did you check on which channel the AP works? If AP channel is set to 12-13 you need to enable them on n900. There is a "WiFi Channel 12 And 13 Enabler " in the repository

how to check which channel the ap works. today i tried it using my previous step. just changing mac through cleven and connecting it. for 2 to 3 mins i could browse bt after that its same as before. i was kinda happy but then again

if you can connect to the AP, it means that AP channel is compatible with your device. there should be another problem.

Originally Posted by jberezhnoy View Post
if you can connect to the AP, it means that AP channel is compatible with your device. there should be another problem.
what problem?