Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 520 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
#231
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
I wasnt able to install flash on PR1.2, with these updates I can.
Firefox seems smoother too (however that could be psychological)

For the smoother part
I tried today Firefox (10.0.3 without Flash) on SG-S2 and that was the smoother experience
On the N9 it's anywhere near smooth but when romaxa will finish the QT UI it should be smooth .
 
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2011
#232
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
On the N9 it's anywhere near smooth but when romaxa will finish the QT UI it should be smooth .
Is that something he's working on or just what we hope for? I know he's mentioned that it would make Fennec faster, but not that he'll actually do it.
 
Posts: 615 | Thanked: 331 times | Joined on Mar 2011
#233
I've tried to install nigtly fennec from romaxa website but I'm getting this and fennec just starts with a blank page and I can not click on anything . Anyone had sucessfully installed nightly fennec so far ?




RM696-07-1_PR_001:~# /usr/sbin/incept /home/user/MyDocs/fennec_14.0~a1_armel.deb
Do not continue unless you fully trust the package you are about to install.
Press <Enter> to cancel, or enter your root password to proceed.

Password:
Package fennec has package signature (origin 'com.nokia.maemo/local')
Selecting previously deselected package fennec.
(Reading database ... 47401 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking fennec (from .../cache/inception/tmp/pkg_GdLSAo) ...
aegis-installing fennec (from 'com.nokia.maemo/local')
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of fennec:
fennec depends on libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0); however:
Package libpango1.0-0 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing fennec (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
fennec
incept: Installation failed (256)
RM696-07-1_PR_001:~#
 
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2011
#234
Did you uninstall Nokia Store version before installing the nightly Fennec version?
 
Posts: 615 | Thanked: 331 times | Joined on Mar 2011
#235
Originally Posted by latency View Post
Did you uninstall Nokia Store version before installing the nightly Fennec version?
First time nope (my bad) , but then I purged nightly and firefox and tried to install again nightly and these are the results .
 
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2011
#236
The latest nightly I installed was yesterday and it worked. Sorry for asking stupid questions, but did you allow installation of other sources than from Nokia Store?
 
Posts: 615 | Thanked: 331 times | Joined on Mar 2011
#237
Originally Posted by latency View Post
The latest nightly I installed was yesterday and it worked. Sorry for asking stupid questions, but did you allow installation of other sources than from Nokia Store?
Yes , I fixed the problem , it was some missing dependency . I managed to install it succesfully but it seems to be as slow and laggy like firefox .
 
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2011
#238
The speed difference if very subtle, maybe even just something imaginable.

This could be fixed with a QT UI, but I haven't got an answer to if that's in the works or just a wish. Imagine Fennec as fast as the stock browser, but still with all it's tools....that would be something special!
 
Posts: 615 | Thanked: 331 times | Joined on Mar 2011
#239
Originally Posted by latency View Post
The speed difference if very subtle, maybe even just something imaginable.

This could be fixed with a QT UI, but I haven't got an answer to if that's in the works or just a wish. Imagine Fennec as fast as the stock browser, but still with all it's tools....that would be something special!
Fennec as fast as stock browser or stock browser with flash support like fennec ... the dream of any N9 user .

As someone said here , in 2012 a smarphone without a good browser with flash support is a handicap .

Last edited by Dragoss91; 2012-03-16 at 22:09.
 
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2011
#240
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
Fennec as fast as stock browser or stock browser with flash support like fennec ... the dream of any N9 user .
Yes, but I would prefer Fennec with speed.
 
Reply

Tags
desperation, flash dance

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:22.