Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by phako View Post
If those videos are recorded with the device, that's expected, the PS3 can't deal with them except if in VGA resolution and record something that hasn't too much movement in it (keeping the bitrate low).

As for the other issues, are you sure you weren't in movie mode when trying to browse music and pictures? Happens to me all the time when I use the PS3.
thanks for the reply but i didn't quite get what you mean by movie mode.. would you care to elaborate? Thank you.

1. Youtube videos shared on the sites to be shown in stock browser & played using built-in Youtube player - Vote here
  2. Sliding to answer/reject calls while in locked state lags painfully - Vote here
  3. Availability & Transfers window always open from the bottom of the window despite whichever direction you put them away - Vote here
  4. System wide file manager support - Vote here

Join the Skype video support on N9 petition on twitter here.

He means that when you look for music, you should be in the music section of the ps3. same thing for pictures and videos, they need to be browsed under their respective sections. You can't say look for music when you're in the videos section.

The Following User Says Thank You to sillieidiot For This Useful Post:
No.

Sigh. That happens if people leave out viable information, namely the complete name of the used standard. The "UPnP" found in your router is a completely different "UPnP" than the one used for media sharing and thus in DLNA.

Again: The one in the router does port forwarding and is used in the PS3 for simplifying online gaming and in the N9 for simplifying VoIP connections.w

The other one is used in the PS3 for accessing media shares and on the N9 for being one.

Those two don't have anything in common except for something called UDA which defines the basic protocols used and being standardized by a industry forum called "UPnP Forum".

Presence of the one doesn't help the other in any way.
i see, well thanks for the clarification

Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
He means that when you look for music, you should be in the music section of the ps3. same thing for pictures and videos, they need to be browsed under their respective sections. You can't say look for music when you're in the videos section.
Yes, that's what I mean. Thank's for clarifying this. It could be that the latest PS3 firmware broke things here.

The Following User Says Thank You to phako For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Fremantle, W. Australia
My Seagate media player will now play an AVI file, but gives an error trying to play mp4/m4v files from the N9 over DLNA. (Just a circle-with-line-across icon) . The same video files work fine if I just use USB instead of DLNA.

I have managed to get a video streaming from N9 to N900, but is keeps pausing for buffering.
Same problem using rygel on my PC and on N9, so I suppose that is a client problem.

What version did you install? What back-end are you using?
0.8.3 on PC. Back-end? Isn't rygel the DLNA backend?

Originally Posted by myk View Post
My Seagate media player will now play an AVI file, but gives an error trying to play mp4/m4v files from the N9 over DLNA. (Just a circle-with-line-across icon) . The same video files work fine if I just use USB instead of DLNA.
Unfortunately that's quite common with DLNA. Sony TVs are an extreme example for this.

I have managed to get a video streaming from N9 to N900, but is keeps pausing for buffering.
Same problem using rygel on my PC and on N9, so I suppose that is a client problem.

0.8.3 on PC. Back-end? Isn't rygel the DLNA backend?
Oh, that's ancient (Still better than debian stable, I suppose you use ubuntu?).

About the pausing, that could be the bug with clients that request alot of short byte ranges at once (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=662125); this has been fixed upstream some time ago (0.12.something).

Rygel itself has different back-ends, one using Tracker (as on the N9) and the other doing the meta-data extraction itself. If you don't have tracker installed, it's the other.

The Following User Says Thank You to phako For This Useful Post:
First of all thank you phako for the help given here !

It works on my PS3 and on my LG projector. I have modified rygel.conf and now I can read my movies on the PS3 but not on the projector (the movie never starts and the projector shuts down)
It's not a big issue because the PS3 is connected to the projector so I can watch my film on a big screen.

Musics and Pictures work on both devices.

To modify rygel.conf I made the same mistake as myk and looked first in /home/user/.config/Rygel instead of /home/user/.config
I tried to modify the file directly in the Terminal with nano but it opened in read-only mode so I made it in ssh with FileZilla

So it's finally ok but I had several dlna errors while looking at the film on PS3. Fortunately it never stops but only lag a little bit.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Finally got it working on my PS3, awesome stuff, I no longer have to use a USB stick to watch movies if they on my phone, it syncs wirelessly perfect!

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Buenos Aires.
Ok, i could listen music on my PC from my N9 but can i do backwards? i mean listen on N9 music or videos that are played on PC?.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by HEROEdelREVES View Post
Ok, i could listen music on my PC from my N9 but can i do backwards? i mean listen on N9 music or videos that are played on PC?.
Thanks.
No (t yet)