Active Topics

Installed kp50 from repos, haven't noticed any problems so far. Sorry for lame question, but could someone explain proper way, to permanently disable indicator led via sysfs entry?

Testing "ancient" reboot issue, will update this post in few minutes.

/Estel

// Edit

It seems that reboot bug is still here. I must admit, that "it feels" much less frequent, yet, it still exist, showing exactly same symptoms as before. So,

Originally Posted by first post

Changelog:

kernel-power (1:2.6.28-10power50) fremantle; urgency=low
* Fixed reboot problem
...isn't entirely true. Thanks for fighting with that BugKing, anyway!

BTW, it's quite funny, as it seems that it happens *much* more frequent, when device is rebooted in horizontal position (flat on table, for example). This, summed up with other people's reports of rebooting with success only, when holding device @ correct angle, makes me really wonder - WTF.
---

As for other things, everything is ok. No increased power usage (checked current in many situations, also performed powertop test) or other popular myths that are yet to come here, in this thread Awesome work, freemangordon and Pali!
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-03-19 at 01:37.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
The thing is, that, if You use profile You've provided, You can "trash" voltage settings provided in "active frequencies", as SR is calculating and overriding them.

To be absolutely sure that it's SR fault, *disable* both SR (or, at least, VDD1), and check if Your device is absolutely stable with Your profile. If yes, enable SR again, and check SR calculated voltage for 850 and 900, and put result here. We'll be able to see, how much of a difference is in calculated values, as compared to Your "default" profile values.

/Estel
Sorry, my post was incomplete.
This is the profile obtained running "kernel config show"
So the voltages are the ones calculated by sr.
The default profile file (/etc/default/kernel-power) has all the voltages at 60.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
i am using dsp profile..is it ok?

i have major problems with bq27 module, since i could leave my device on idle and its fine, but the minute it does anything strenous like watch a video or play an emulator the module calculates wrong and decides am running very low on battery, but if i stop the bme, it works fine and lasts all day again,am using KP49 the only thing ive ever really had problems with is the battery issue.

Originally Posted by xes View Post
The default profile file (/etc/default/kernel-power) has all the voltages at 60.
No, no, you misunderstood what I mean. 'kernel-config show' *doesn't* show SR calculated voltages - it show ones, that You've put there, into config file (currently used). Real voltages are totally different, if You're using SR.

So, please consider doing tests I've written before. As for how to check "real" actual voltages (with SR enabled), freemangordon explained this in this thread - sorry, don't remember it from top of my head.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

i wanna have bleeding edge wifi drivers. how to make them work. i have downloaded the older version. 142 mbish file. bt i read that it is not compatible with kp50. how to make it work?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Correct, kernel-config shows SR calculated voltages (+2)

The reason why your DSP voltages are too low and your DSP is unstable 850@600 with SR enabled is that your SR calibrations are for "good", i.e. low voltage MPU. The thing is that if SR voltages are calculated in such a way that DSP to be stable @ higher frequencies, your MPU will run at voltages which are higher than optimal and your battery drain will increase. So the priority is given to battery savings. Also seems there is no reliable way to predict DSP behavior re voltage when DSP is OC with relation to MPU calibrations.

On the other hand there is an entry in /sys/power - dsp_voltage_boost, which you can use to tweak SR voltage when DSP is active. The default is 125, max is 250, you can play with it a bit if you wish to move DSP@600 to lower MPU frequency. This boost is applied ONLY when DSP is active, so no increased battery drain under normal usage

@Estel - kernel-config show shows SR calculated voltages when SR is enabled and the particular frequency has been active at least once.

@all - I will appreciate if someone updates wiki entry re OC in the light of the latest kernels (49 and 50)

EDIT:
@xes - also you may search this thread for the formula of how exactly dsp_voltage_boost is used to calculate the voltage, it explains why 850 and 900 have so close voltages

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-03-19 at 08:35.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@Estel: the "reboot bug" you get hit from is not the same that is fixed in KP50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
i asked about the bleeding edge drivers for kp50. which one to download?

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
wow, is pentesting supported in this new kp?, thx so muuuuuch,

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou