Active Topics

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ NC USA
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Client certificates currently are not supported by MfE. Maybe it will be fixed in the future update(s).
Thanks for the follow-up, Sergey. But what a disappointment.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
has anyone else run into an issue with the contacts syncing to the device from mFe but not from the device to mfe?

seems that if i make a change on my pc with mfe to a contact, it will take and sync, but when i merge a new number or make a change on my handsest, it would not sync.
Merged data will not be synced with Exchange server (it is by design). It is quite easy to check whether your changes synced or not. If you are changing something in the MfE contact (like name, email or phone number) just make this steps to check is it really synced with server or not:
1) Open accounts application
2) Open your MfE account.
3) Tap on "Last Sync Details" button.
4) Press "sync button"
5) Check the numbers

or if your account is in always up-to-date mode then just skip steps 4 and 5.

Perhaps you got some kind of a error, but to analyze it I need logs.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Hi,

I have a problem syncing my contacts to my Google account via Mfe.

This bug(?) has been occuring since PR1.1 but truthfully I think it's just a setting issue which I'm not aware off. I'm still on PR1.1.

Firstly, syncing mail and calendar with my Google account has no problem at all. However, when I included Contacts under the Accounts setting, I expect:

Expectations:
(a) all contact in my phone to be copied to my Google account

(b) changes done to the account via phone is updated to Google and vice versa

However, reality:
(a) only NEW numbers added has been synced. For example, I added two numbers of two banks and press sync. Only these two contacts are added to my Google account. The remaining 216 contacts are not found in my Google account.

(b) changes are updated only for these two new contacts.

So is this due to a setting or a 'timestamp' issue? Must I set my device to be a Provisional Device?

I have the activesync, Messageserver and Msgindexer log if you want to take a look at them. I can't get the Fenix.log to work using the describe method at http://wiki.maemo.org/Email_and_Mail_for_Exchange_n9 as it gave me a 'file already exist' error.

Tks!

On PR1.2, still stuck with:
* Mfe server error will not update itself on its own. Need to manually "clear the red arrow" by initiating synch.
* CadDav "server cannot be found" and the like error will not update itself on its own. Need to manually "clear the red arrow" by initiating synch.
* Does not support "constantly updated accounts" (like in Android) without draining battery (major issue)
* Cannot synch ALL contacts from multiples Mfe accounts (major issue)
* Cannot synch ALL calendars from multiples Mfe accounts (major issue). Workaround with CalDAV. Ugly.

These stuffs are SO basic... How come Nokia did not fixed that in the first place ... :P
Actually, it makes the N9 hardly usable when switching from Android.
So sad.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by snowparang View Post
Hi,

I have a problem syncing my contacts to my Google account via Mfe.

This bug(?) has been occuring since PR1.1 but truthfully I think it's just a setting issue which I'm not aware off. I'm still on PR1.1.
Just a small question about this issue. Are you trying to sync all your contacts that belongs to some other service(s) with MfE? Or you are speaking about Local Contacts (they are exists only on your N9)? I'm asking only because currently by design if contact belongs to the service then it will be synced only with this service. So, if you want to sync your Facebook/Twiter/etc. contact with MfE you should some tricky things (like sending it as a vcard via email and so on ). So, it is not a bug

Originally Posted by KTy View Post
On PR1.2, still stuck with:
* Mfe server error will not update itself on its own. Need to manually "clear the red arrow" by initiating synch.
Actually, "red arrow" will disappear as soon as next successful sync is done. So, it should disappear during next schedule sync attempt (or as soon as your network connection is re-established/re-enabled/etc.).

* CadDav "server cannot be found" and the like error will not update itself on its own. Need to manually "clear the red arrow" by initiating synch.
This thread is not about CalDav, so no help here with this issue(at least from me)

* Does not support "constantly updated accounts" (like in Android) without draining battery (major issue)
You mean "always up-to-date" schedule setting? Well, I noticed the problem with 3G connection (bigger battery consumption), but looks fine with Wi-Fi. I'm just curious, what average idle consumption do you have on your N9?

* Cannot synch ALL calendars from multiples Mfe accounts (major issue). Workaround with CalDAV. Ugly.
Who told you that? You CAN sync ALL your MfE calendars for ALL your MfE accounts. I suppose you are talking about GMail accounts? That is a not an MfE problem on N9. GMail doesn't support multiple calendars with MfE and that is all. With all real MfE accounts (non-Gmail) multiple calendars are syncing as they should.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Sergey could you suggest a fix for the battery issue when all MfE accounts are set to always-up-to-date

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
oops didnt see your reply above. on 3G my idle usage is usually above 100mA.

i've done full flash of rootfs and emmc but the issue persists. i've 6 MfE accounts and 3 Gmail accounts set to up-to-date

Hi Sergei,

Thanks for your reply.
Indeed, you are right with most of the point.
It seems for some reason the "red arrow" not updating on its own is fixed for me. I did not have it today...

Really hoping to be able to synch multiple MFE contacts.... !

As for the "always-up-to-date", I will try again now that the PR1.2 has fixed the idle consumption problem.

Another "annoying" point is the notification on phone not in-synch with the server (especially for read/unread emails).

Thanks for the support,

Last edited by KTy; 2012-03-19 at 11:07.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@thedead1440
Are you reffering to this bug: https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=198 for the battery drain?
I am very interested when it will be solved. Can't putmy accounts to always up to date due to it currently.

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Just a small question about this issue. Are you trying to sync all your contacts that belongs to some other service(s) with MfE? Or you are speaking about Local Contacts (they are exists only on your N9)? I'm asking only because currently by design if contact belongs to the service then it will be synced only with this service. So, if you want to sync your Facebook/Twiter/etc. contact with MfE you should some tricky things (like sending it as a vcard via email and so on ). So, it is not a bug
As far as I know they are local contacts. I did a full reset and restore the contacts via the phone's backup system.

Even if some of the contacts have merged with my Facebook contacts, I should still have more than 100+ non-merged contacts.

From your reply, does it matter WHERE the contacts come from? For example I reset my phone now and have zero contacts. Then I sync with Google account A and gotten 100 contacts. If now I delete that Google account A from the phone, the contacts will still exist in my phone, isn't it?

With that 100 contacts from Google account A, I created Google Account B and sync with it. These 100 contacts should be transferred to Google account B, right?

As far as I know, this is like the only way to backup my contents in the cloud....

Appreciate your advise! Thanks a lot!

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950