Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2011
#31
Maemomd, have you heard anything from the author of TweakFlashVer? Any comments made about making a port for N9?
 
Maemomd's Avatar
Posts: 171 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ MA
#32
Originally Posted by latency View Post
Maemomd, have you heard anything from the author of TweakFlashVer? Any comments made about making a port for N9?
Going to try him again...his profile has shown activity lately, but no posting...hopefully he sees this thread. He has not gotten back to me on my previous PM...

I have tried a bunch of flash sites even with Phony in place, streaming video is not there, just black screen, not even a notification, and constant buffering. What are your thoughts on our GPU? Since the n900 was flash all around, it was GPU supported. Without this, is the N9 capable, since it is only flash for Fennec? Hopefully this issue can be fixed with multiple hexediting for each case, hence our need for TweakFlashVer.
 
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2011
#33
Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
Going to try him again...his profile has shown activity lately, but no posting...hopefully he sees this thread. He has not gotten back to me on my previous PM...

I have tried a bunch of flash sites even with Phony in place, streaming video is not there, just black screen, not even a notification, and constant buffering. What are your thoughts on our GPU? Since the n900 was flash all around, it was GPU supported. Without this, is the N9 capable, since it is only flash for Fennec? Hopefully this issue can be fixed with multiple hexediting for each case, hence our need for TweakFlashVer.
I'm not sure about the GPU...it might be why we can't play live streams. Someone responsible for the flash release for Fennec should know the answer...I don't remember his name though. If I remember correctly Jalyst had conversations with someone that worked on it.
 
Maemomd's Avatar
Posts: 171 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ MA
#34
I pm'ed Jalyst about it, hopefully he will chime in about GPU vs. non-GPU...I know erendorn asked this question as well in the announcement on the flash thread...but his question wasn't answered.
 
Moderator | Posts: 5,109 | Thanked: 3,953 times | Joined on Oct 2009
#35
Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
I have tried a bunch of flash sites even with Phony in place, streaming video is not there, just black screen, not even a notification, and constant buffering. What are your thoughts on our GPU? Since the n900 was flash all around, it was GPU supported. Without this, is the N9 capable, since it is only flash for Fennec? Hopefully this issue can be fixed with multiple hexediting for each case, hence our need for TweakFlashVer.
This is with the modified FP10.1 binary?
I don't think the N900 binary was hw accelerated, maybe decoding was accelerated.
This is the same for FP10.1 on N9, as confirmed by Romaxa:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...64#post1175364
Maybe try PM'ing romaxa with a summary of all the questions in this & other threads.
I don't think the problem is to do with "GPU support".
I think it's more along the lines of this...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...30#post1177130
It may simply come down to certain sites "really needing" a FP11x binary.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-18 at 05:51. Reason: typo
 

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2011
#36
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
This is with the modified FP10.1 binary?
I don't think the N900 binary was hw accelerated, maybe decoding was accelerated.
This is the same for FP10.1 on N9, as confirmed by Romaxa:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...64#post1175364
Maybe try PM'ing romaxa with a summary of all the questions in this & other threads.
I don't think the problem is to do with "GPU support".
I think it's more along the lines of this...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...30#post1177130
It may simply come down to certain sites "really needing" a FP11x binary.
Do you think the live streaming issue could just be that most of those links requires Flash 11? That would be bad for us...because their won't be a flash 11 I guess...or would it? Has Romaxa said anything about it? My feeling was that he did his best to get flash 10 out before he left working on flash for N9 (but also mentioned that their were others working on the flash 10-version)
 

The Following User Says Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,109 | Thanked: 3,953 times | Joined on Oct 2009
#37
Originally Posted by latency View Post
Do you think the live streaming issue could just be that most of those links requires Flash 11? That would be bad for us...because their won't be a flash 11 I guess...or would it? Has Romaxa said anything about it? My feeling was that he did his best to get flash 10 out before he left working on flash for N9 (but also mentioned that their were others working on the flash 10-version)
I could be wrong but I think jolo did much of the leg work ensuring FP10.1 happened.
He has left now, leaving romaxa as the main contact in the community.
I doubt they'll pursue 11x, they decided to fall short of pursuing 11x as it was taking ages.
Well, that was the main excuse they gave publicly...

As for no FP11x being the reason I really don't know...
There's no doubt some sites won't work, even when told Fennec's using FP11x.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-19 at 07:28. Reason: typo
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2011
#38
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I could be wrong but I think jolo did much of the leg work ensuring FP10.1 happened.
He has left now, leaving romaxa as the main contact in the community.
I doubt they'll pursue 11x, they decided to fall short of pursuing 11x as it was taking ages.
Well, that was the main excuse they gave publicly...

As for no FP11x being the reason I really don't know...
There's no doubt some sites won't work, even when told Fennec's using FP11x.
Yes, that for sure. Sites with specific Flash 11 requirements won't work. I wonder though why no live streams work on N9 with the current flash version. I don't think live streams requires flash 11.
Maybe Romaxa knows why and hopefully there's something he can do about it.

Let's hope HTML5 catches up before most sites decides to upgrade their Flash certificates.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
Maemomd's Avatar
Posts: 171 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ MA
#39
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I could be wrong but I think jolo did much of the leg work ensuring FP10.1 happened.
He has left now, leaving romaxa as the main contact in the community.
I doubt they'll pursue 11x, they decided to fall short of pursuing 11x as it was taking ages.
Well, that was the main excuse they gave publicly...

As for no FP11x being the reason I really don't know...
There's no doubt some sites won't work, even when told Fennec's using FP11x.
Yeah, didn't think FP11.x would be arriving...although there are still many sites other than Hulu and Vimeo who are still using 10.x, but certed for 11.x...will keep trying to contact original TweakFlashVer dev, hopefully he or someone else can port it...going to ask romaxa about gpu support or not as well. Thnx jalyst!
 
Maemomd's Avatar
Posts: 171 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ MA
#40
Sent attilia77 another pm...but I don't think he has read my first pm...probably not been active for a while on maemo.org. Hopefully he will get back to us porting this. If not, any takers?
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:21.