Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Beijing
#11
Thanks for the info, I've already subscribed to the thread.

I never thought of accepting donation, maybe it's the beginning.
I've put it on the first post.
 
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2011
#12
Originally Posted by wwwjfy View Post
I have no idea how e70 .csv looks like. I can do a python or lua script if you send me a sample
I can't send you a private; could you please me provide me your email so i can send you a sample ? Thanks in advance!
 
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Beijing
#13
Originally Posted by ciaps View Post
I can't send you a private; could you please me provide me your email so i can send you a sample ? Thanks in advance!
sure, wwwjfy@gmail.com
 
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2011
#14
Originally Posted by wwwjfy View Post
sure, wwwjfy@gmail.com
Thanks man! i will send you a sample this evening (1pm here) since i dont have my old phone here with me!
 
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Beijing
#15
Originally Posted by ciaps View Post
Thanks man! i will send you a sample this evening (1pm here) since i dont have my old phone here with me!
just let you know in case you've sent that I haven't received anything about that, including the spam
 
Posts: 773 | Thanked: 854 times | Joined on Jul 2010
#16
ok, so ive been using this for a week or two and its beautiful.

every 12 hours, if my phone and computer are on the same network, my SMSes are automatically backed up, de-duplicated, sorted into files by the contact, and committed incrementally to a private git repository.

on the restore end, i run a quick script and i get messages received in the last 30 days {or the last 5 messages per contact if there are no new ones} in a neat little file for importing.

this is everything ive ever wanted, ever, for SMS backup and restore. thanks a ton.
__________________
~ teleshoes ~
 
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Beijing
#17
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
ok, so ive been using this for a week or two and its beautiful.

every 12 hours, if my phone and computer are on the same network, my SMSes are automatically backed up, de-duplicated, sorted into files by the contact, and committed incrementally to a private git repository.

on the restore end, i run a quick script and i get messages received in the last 30 days {or the last 5 messages per contact if there are no new ones} in a neat little file for importing.

this is everything ive ever wanted, ever, for SMS backup and restore. thanks a ton.
Thank you for you patches and donation.
 
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2010
#18
Originally Posted by wwwjfy View Post
Hi, I've just developed a small command-line utility to backup and restore SMS on N9.

It can be downloaded here.

If you're interested in building from source, a little bit instruction here.

Use at your own risk.

Donation appreciated to Paypal account: wwwjfy@gmail.com
where does the app saves the back up file? i have already back up my sms but failed to remember the file name i used.
 
Posts: 773 | Thanked: 854 times | Joined on Jul 2010
#19
Originally Posted by jonchew View Post
where does the app saves the back up file? i have already back up my sms but failed to remember the file name i used.
it saves it in the directory you ran it. chances are good that that was /, /home/user, or /root.
__________________
~ teleshoes ~
 
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2010
#20
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
it saves it in the directory you ran it. chances are good that that was /, /home/user, or /root.
ok, let me check.
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:14.