I followed all the instructions and I did get the USB symbol on the upper right corner on my N810. However, the Update Wizard can't detect my Tablet. It keeps saying device not found. I spent so much time on it and it's very frustrating. I don't know what went wrong. Please help...

I assume that you are holding down the “Swap Key” as you power up the N810 ?
Sard

Had the same problem in Vista. Then tried it in XP and it worked fine. Don't know if that was the problem or something else.

The Following User Says Thank You to stradavarius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Just finished my update and up and running. There are some requirement to be satisfied for the PC-USB to work,
http://europe.nokia.com/A4305010,
__________________________________________________ _____
Available hard disk space: 150MB
Operating system:
Windows Vista x32 and x64 editions
Windows XP Professional x64 edition
Windows XP (Professional or Home Edition) with Service Pack 2 or newer and Microsoft .NET 2.0 framework
Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 or newer and Microsoft .NET 2.0 framework
Connection methods: Nokia connectivity cable (USB) for connecting the device to your computer, broadband Internet access. __________________________________________________ ______

and a step by step instructions here, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...t=13572&page=8, thread #72.

post back if problems,

bun

EDIT: Oop, sorry, wrong post, yours is N810, a big boy, mine is N800, a little brother. Maybe it still works.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2007-12-31 at 10:21.

When you get to the screen that says can't find device, that is when you should turn off the unit and turn it back while holding the side button until the USB symbol appears. I had the same problem you described and this worked.

Plug your USB cable directly in to your computer, not a hub.

It upgrades fast if you download the file first, then do a manual upgrade. At the screen that lists the OS versions, click change and point it to the file you downloaded. Takes about a minute or so.

Good Luck

The Following User Says Thank You to ohmyc6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have had complete fits when trying to get this to work -- sometimes. For example, though I use Linux most of the time, I couldn't get it to work at all in Linux. I would say you should try different computers, different usb connections, different cables.

I always add at this point that I have successfully flashed my N800 more than 30 times...

Thanks so much. I got it to work. Happy New Year to all of you.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
n810newbie, please share what you did differently to get it working. Even if it was just user error, it will help others to know what things to check.

I followed ohmyc6's instructure.

"When you get to the screen that says can't find device, that is when you should turn off the unit and turn it back while holding the side button until the USB symbol appears. I had the same problem you described and this worked."

The Following User Says Thank You to n810newbie For This Useful Post: