Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
Just saying Man, Ex, when i first heard about N9 i hated it, Because "people" around me hated it, Not because of the hardware, But the software, at that time, i did not know what Meego was, But, seeing everyone said it is rubbish and dead. well Do as i do, so i said... It is rubbish.

One of the first thing i thought, Can i get opera Mini on Meego officially? NO-- what? Almost every device can use opera mini--, can i get whats App officially ? No, can i get Nimbuzz on it officially? No,

And all these apps have ,Blackberry,iOs,Android,windows phone(Maybe not whats app Yet, not sure) support.

If you are an android User, or some other platform and you keep hearing these No's do you think you will leave your platform for meego? NO, i'm being realistic and i'm saying how average people see it, Because thats how i saw it, and people around me which have an influence on my decisions (Friends), But i had to take time and learn about each Os, before i decided. and then i choose Meego.

Normal people don't have the time to sit and learn about android, of Windows phone, Meego,blackberry, they Just go, do you think Meego is good, Or android.. and they go based on what their friends are doing, or what a sales person in the shop is saying..

Eg my friend has Xperia S keeps talking about how good it is, Although i understand these things, the fact he is always talking about it has an effect on me.

Meego is nice... But to an average person, who does not know... it looks unsupported, Because the more you ask, Does it have, and they say No, it makes seem unappealing. Because most users don't go home and flash their phones, or Hack it.

Now, who aided in creating this image about Meego? -- The same one who created it. Therefore if the creator of something is treating it in this way, Normal people will not have too much respect for it,

Don't get me wrong, I love Meego,

I'm just saying, People like updates, Hear them talking about, I got an Update last night... (Even thought it was just to fix bugs)

The Following User Says Thank You to Ashbeck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
This is a large part of the problem. Store staff are usually lazy and it's easy for them to simply sell the most popular phones so for instance the iphone4s and GalaxyS2 tend to be recommended regardless your wants and needs.
Are you sure it's laziness? ...Or could they, perhaps, just be sick and tired of Microsoft repeating the same, 'No, really! THIS time people will love it!' mantra and screwing salespeople out of sales when people go elsewhere for the devices they prefer? Seriously--I think people have been burned by Microsoft enough over the past decade or more with the garbage Microsoft puts out compared to their competition--and this time is really no different. Are you trying to blame the salespeople? Are you a Elop man?

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
it is still a research project and we will very likely see a successor to the N9 with a OS2013 or so...
Heheheh... no. It would be interesting and, now that I'm no longer waiting or willing to waste my money on Nokia at this point, it might be fun to watch--but no. heheh.. I sincerely doubt that very much. At least nothing commercially available, that's adorable but no.

PS: I'm having an incredibly difficult time reading or making sense of Ashbeck's previous post for grammatical reasons.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I'm no longer waiting or willing to waste my money on Nokia at this point.
translates to: I once was a Nokia fanboy, but now I am a Nokia anti-fanboy, a bitter one. You just don't get it IMO. You don't waste money on Nokia and their pipe dreams. You waste money on cool gadgets, regardless of manufacturer. That's what I do. Screw Elop, screw Google, screw MS, screw Samsung etc etc. All they want is your money. Waste your money on the gadget you think is cool, not some Elop/Steve/whatever persons dream of world domination and bags of money.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom

PS: I'm having an incredibly difficult time reading or making sense of Ashbeck's previous post for grammatical reasons.
Ok ok tell my whats wrong and il say it again. Sorry guys. My keyboard predicts works and thats great. But the problem is. I dont always get the words -keys that i press because it tries to predict the word. And i forget and continue typing and post. But if you say what you dont understand. Il get back to you what i get home.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ashbeck For This Useful Post:
Are you sure it's laziness? ...Or could they, perhaps, just be sick and tired of Microsoft repeating the same, 'No, really! THIS time people will love it!' mantra and screwing salespeople out of sales when people go elsewhere for the devices they prefer? Seriously--I think people have been burned by Microsoft enough over the past decade or more with the garbage Microsoft puts out compared to their competition--and this time is really no different. Are you trying to blame the salespeople? Are you a Elop man?
First off I'm certainly not a fan of Elop, as a long time Nokia user I actually still rate Symbian(the burning platform!) as one of the most dependable operating systems out there, and would take MeeGo over WP7 any day of the week(hence buying an N9).

The reason I commented that store staff are often lazy is because from my experience they are. As I already explained, more often than not, whatever the features you tell them you're looking for, they'll have you on one of the two most popular phones within minutes, even if they don't fit the bill for what you clearly described as your needs in a phone.

I only go into high street stores to have a proper look at the handsets(where possible, N9 being a fine example of not possible), but always find a member of store staff trying to tell me what I'm looking for, which I can almost garantee is not. I even walked into both CPW and P4Y some time ago saying I was looking for a good qwerty phone, to which I was recommended a GalaxyS2 Went back home and ordered a Nokia E7 which nobody in store was interested in discussing yet it fit my requirements perfectly.

Last edited by Tetlee; 2012-03-25 at 16:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tetlee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
I only go into high street stores to have a proper look at the handsets(where possible, N9 being a fine example of not possible), but always find a member of store staff trying to tell me what I'm looking for, which I can almost garantee is not. I even walked into both CPW and P4Y some time ago saying I was looking for a good qwerty phone, to which I was recommended a GalaxyS2 Went back home and ordered a Nokia E7 which nobody in store was interested in discussing yet it fit my requirements perfectly.
I am assuming there's no Nokia Stores or Nokia authorised distributors in your area? They specialize in Nokia devices & will certainly recommend a range of Nokia qwerty phone for me to select.

The Following User Says Thank You to eaglehelang For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Did you buy the phone to make others happy or yourself?

As long as this community is involved what happens with the N9 is up to us. A good example is the N900.

Plus, who cares what other people say? We stopped living in a tribe mentality ages ago. We won't get chastised for being different, that is the beauty of this day and age.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
even though there is no development for meego to sgs2, i would love to see the current state meego pr1.2 on a dual core. It'll run fast i am sure.

On another note, symbian is very dependable, but doesnt have the guts to support fast web browsing. This is where i think Nokia could have been innovative. A dualcore arm v6 and arm v7 on the same chip. The hungry v7 core should have been only utilized for browsing.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
even though there is no development for meego to sgs2, i would love to see the current state meego pr1.2 on a dual core. It'll run fast i am sure.
It will more than likely never happen. Folks love to talk about things as such, but it truly never happens.

Best bet... Nemo on SGS2. At least they're doing something.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Amusing discussion. It's like discussing if the Ford model T is alive or not. For the enthusiasts it is just as alive now as ever before. For the rest of the world it is nothing but a curiosity and a piece of history.

I mean, MeeGo is nice and all on the N9, even though it is not MeeGo but Harmattan, But it IS dead in any real world terms concerning the future.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, it's undead, maemo's dead, meego's dead, r-d-f, tizen lives, winding down