Posts: 41 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Lieto, Finland
If someone's interested in running QTopia Core applications on N800, it's worth to checkout the page:
http://medusa.tutka.net/~mmattila

or later the same web page will be found from the address:

http://qtablet.laginen.net

From there you can find instructions of how to make QTopia Core to work on N800 (including how to rebuild kernel with framebuffer manual update disabled). Later that page will be contain source code for QTablet application framework for N800. There's also a video clip where I run webkit browser example and graphicsview collidingmice example launched from the QTablet.

-Marko Mattila

Last edited by zchydem; 2007-12-31 at 16:05.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
zchydem, have you had the chance to check out this thread yet?

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=13251

Yes I'm familiar with that. But the idea of what I'm doing is to run QTopia Core on N800 (on framebuffer). I managed to build Qt x11 4.3 version while ago, but it seems to be much slower than QTopia Core for example when running QGraphicsView applications such as collidingmice.

Another thing is that in my opinion Hildon GUI is not very usable. Too much things must be done using stylus pen e.g. opening menu. Therefore I decided to start QTablet project, but let's see if it'll ever come anything, but you never know.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Therefore I decided to start QTablet project,
I am very interested in the outcome of any QT project on the N800. As we all know, this forum has become very fragmented and I just wanted to be sure that you were aware of other efforts being made in case there could be some overlap of resources.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Fragmentation in forums is not an uncommon problem. The solution that works is not having topic cops constantly on patrol. The solution is putting information in Wikis of some kind. The problem with topic cops is that they don't really solve the problem, because if you truly get everyone to put their problems in the correct thread, the thread becomes very long and unwieldy. Editing is necessary to clear out the debris, like extraneous speculation that would be in a thread. The person making the Wiki entry would obviously get rid of the extra stuff.

Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
I am very interested in the outcome of any QT project on the N800.
QTablet site is the best way to follow if something really happens in that project. I also think that Qt/QTopia provides a really good framework to develop software for embedded/handheld linux devices. I am also interested in any Qt/QTopia projects so please let me know if something awesome happens in that area.

The Following User Says Thank You to zchydem For This Useful Post: