Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2012
#1
for whatever reason my microSD stop mounting today. i have tried several different file systems, ext2 ext3 fat32... sadly nothing seems to be working.

i have tired to mount manually via the phone. sadly no luck.

any tips out there?
 
Posts: 1,930 | Thanked: 7,381 times | Joined on May 2010
#2
Originally Posted by jerjozwik View Post
i have tired to mount manually via the phone. sadly no luck.
and what is error message??
 

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,598 | Thanked: 970 times | Joined on Aug 2010
#3
Originally Posted by jerjozwik View Post
for whatever reason my microSD stop mounting today. i have tried several different file systems, ext2 ext3 fat32... sadly nothing seems to be working.

i have tired to mount manually via the phone. sadly no luck.

any tips out there?
if you already went thru the trouble of formatting it, any chance you can test it on a PC?
the N900 is a close as one may come to a PC in a pocket, but it isn't exactly standard, neither...

what brand / model is the mSD?
is it a mSD or a mSDHC (mSDXC)?
capacity, speed class???
 
Posts: 1,598 | Thanked: 970 times | Joined on Aug 2010
#4
Originally Posted by jerjozwik View Post
for whatever reason my microSD stop mounting today. i have tried several different file systems, ext2 ext3 fat32... sadly nothing seems to be working.

i have tired to mount manually via the phone. sadly no luck.

any tips out there?
guess your buddy soldered the USB port & you were able to reflash it, huh?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=98
 
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2012
#5
Originally Posted by pali View Post
and what is error message??
it all started yesterday when i tried to softlink a gpsrecorder folder to the microsd. i got a operation not permitted error, so i thought softlinks cannot cross file systems. so i took out the microsd and partitioned it as ext2 and fat32. copied all my information to the card and popped it in the phone. no card showing up. so i did a few searches here and found
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...hlight=microsd
http://wiki.maemo.org/Ext2_on_microSD_card

honestly i dont remember the error codes. and today it seems the card now being recognized but says it is corrupted. i am tring to format as different file systems with gparted to see what will work.

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
if you already went thru the trouble of formatting it, any chance you can test it on a PC?
the N900 is a close as one may come to a PC in a pocket, but it isn't exactly standard, neither...

what brand / model is the mSD?
is it a mSD or a mSDHC (mSDXC)?
capacity, speed class???
sorry, should have known better.
sandisk 16 gig microSDHC class 4.

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
guess your buddy soldered the USB port & you were able to reflash it, huh?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=98
nope, though i am giving him my old one today to see what he can do. i ended up buying a "new" phone of ebay for an alright price.
 
Posts: 1,598 | Thanked: 970 times | Joined on Aug 2010
#6
Originally Posted by jerjozwik View Post
it all started yesterday when i tried to softlink a gpsrecorder folder to the microsd. i got a operation not permitted error, so i thought softlinks cannot cross file systems. so i took out the microsd and partitioned it as ext2 and fat32. [...]
Fremantle only recognizes the vFAT partition as first partition
if you put the ext partition 1st, it won't mount it automatically anymore, indeed
need to
Code:
~ $ root
{bla bla}
Nokia-N900:~# mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /media/mmc1
Nokia-N900:~# mkdir /media/ext
Nokia-N900:~# mount /dev/mmcblk1p1 /media/ext
you can of course put anything you want instead of /media/ext
personally i use
Code:
Nokia-N900:~# mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /media/mmc1/src.ins
nota bene: i put the ext3 partition as p2, so Fremantle still mounts mmcblk1p1 automatically
__________________
information is a necessary though no sufficient condition to rationality...
 

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,930 | Thanked: 7,381 times | Joined on May 2010
#7
New version of ke-recv (daemon which mount sd cards) in CSSU T now suppport more types of filesystem and also more partitions.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
K9999's Avatar
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Malaysia
#8
it happened to me last night, problem after another. this cause was updating CSSU. The new update/fix is pushed to repo. follow the steps to solve if your case is similar. read the thread for more info


Originally Posted by pali View Post
Problem with ke-recv is because MAG did not used correct fremantle dpkg & debhleper version and created bad ke-recv package.

Everyone who has problem try to use new merlin version:
http://cdnm.at/~christian/maemo/ke-r...9-14_armel.deb

Next problem is that MAG's version in CSSU-T repo creating invalid symlink /etc/init.d/ke-recv. So before installing new version bad symlink must be deleted.

Code:
$ wget http://cdnm.at/~christian/maemo/ke-recv_3.19-14_armel.deb
$ rm -f /etc/init.d/ke-recv
$ dpkg -i ke-recv_3.19-14_armel.deb
 
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2012
#9
so... funny story.
there was nothing wrong with the card. it just wont mount right away.
after leaving my phone charging for about 20 min, i came back to it, opened file browser and there it was...

but if i just pop the card in and run:
Nokia-N900:~# mount -t vfat /dev/mmcblk1p1 /media/mmc1
mount: mounting /dev/mmcblk1p1 on /media/mmc1 failed: No such file or directory

mmc1 exists, but /dev/mmcblk1 does not.

plug the phone into the wall charger and TADA! microsd mounts and /dev/mmcblk1 shows up.
 
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Spain
#10
Originally Posted by jerjozwik View Post
so... funny story.
there was nothing wrong with the card. it just wont mount right away.
after leaving my phone charging for about 20 min, i came back to it, opened file browser and there it was...

but if i just pop the card in and run:
Nokia-N900:~# mount -t vfat /dev/mmcblk1p1 /media/mmc1
mount: mounting /dev/mmcblk1p1 on /media/mmc1 failed: No such file or directory

mmc1 exists, but /dev/mmcblk1 does not.

plug the phone into the wall charger and TADA! microsd mounts and /dev/mmcblk1 shows up.
It does not work for me I'm in the case of:
mount: mounting /dev/mmcblk1p1 on /media/mmc1 failed: No such file or directory

mmc1 exists, but /dev/mmcblk1 does not.

Last edited by TARIKO; 2012-04-15 at 11:08.
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:13.