Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
#1
I packaged my dusty xbox (original/modded) to keep in storage but not before taking some good stuff from it. Particularly a complete library of hard to find roms.
I know there is an emulator for n9. I will try and post back.
__________________
Future: X? if it gets the 850/1900 bands.
Present: 1520, Nexus 7
Past: Lumia 720, 928, ICON AKA 929b, Asus Transformer, Nokia n9, Nokia n97, Nokia N810 Nokia E71 Nokia E62 Nokia 6102 Sanyo Ericsson Sony
 
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,991 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
#2
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
I packaged my dusty xbox (original/modded) to keep in storage but not before taking some good stuff from it. Particularly a complete library of hard to find roms.
I know there is an emulator for n9. I will try and post back.
You mean real XBOX "roms" (=XBOX games) or those for systems emulated _on_ the XBOX? In the first case, i call BS and you probably don't know what's the situation regarding XBOX emulation. Even the cxbx (2)/dxbx guys went not too far with their attempts on relatively powerful machines running Windows. It's the nature of HLE together with all those different XDK versions that need individual adaption, when the emulator uses HLE (actually mapping XDK calls to WinAPI) to shows _some_ performance.
See cxbx compatibility.
 
Kangal's Avatar
Posts: 1,576 | Thanked: 1,280 times | Joined on Mar 2010
#3
Anything beyond the PS2 is diffi-imposible to emulate, the complexity grows exponentially.

You do have the GameCube, which I will address as "not worth it" given its lack of good titles.

Xbox might get patched/polished up, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Those contributors are now working on iOS/Android Apps.
__________________
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I vote that Kangal replace Elop!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post

I'm flattered
 
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
#4
Seeing as the OP said that he knows there is an emulator for the N9 i think it's fairly safe to say that he means roms for emulators on the xbox..
 
Kangal's Avatar
Posts: 1,576 | Thanked: 1,280 times | Joined on Mar 2010
#5
Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
Seeing as the OP said that he knows there is an emulator for the N9 i think it's fairly safe to say that he means roms for emulators on the xbox..
Oh I see that makes sense.
So he had emulators on his Xbox, and he wants someone to use it and re-create them on the N9, because he has a lot of pirated game roms.

umm......no!
__________________
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I vote that Kangal replace Elop!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post

I'm flattered
 
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
#6
well the snes and gba ones work great with emumaster. I am going to buy that for money. I just hate the on screen controls, i wish i had a n950. Whats a man to do when mario is under his thumbs?
Can we get a hell yeah for a Nintendo 64 emulator on n9?
__________________
Future: X? if it gets the 850/1900 bands.
Present: 1520, Nexus 7
Past: Lumia 720, 928, ICON AKA 929b, Asus Transformer, Nokia n9, Nokia n97, Nokia N810 Nokia E71 Nokia E62 Nokia 6102 Sanyo Ericsson Sony
 

The Following User Says Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
#7
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
You mean real XBOX "roms" (=XBOX games) or those for systems emulated _on_ the XBOX? In the first case, i call BS and you probably don't know what's the situation regarding XBOX emulation. Even the cxbx (2)/dxbx guys went not too far with their attempts on relatively powerful machines running Windows. It's the nature of HLE together with all those different XDK versions that need individual adaption, when the emulator uses HLE (actually mapping XDK calls to WinAPI) to shows _some_ performance.
See cxbx compatibility.
its not what i meant but its great to know. Whats HLE?
__________________
Future: X? if it gets the 850/1900 bands.
Present: 1520, Nexus 7
Past: Lumia 720, 928, ICON AKA 929b, Asus Transformer, Nokia n9, Nokia n97, Nokia N810 Nokia E71 Nokia E62 Nokia 6102 Sanyo Ericsson Sony
 
Posts: 1,224 | Thanked: 1,872 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
#8
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
its not what i meant but its great to know. Whats HLE?
High level emulation = directly translating console's code to host processor's executable code.
__________________
N9 PR 1.3 Open Mode + kernel-plus for Harmattan
@imblying, working on Glacier for Nemo.
 
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 397 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
#9
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Anything beyond the PS2 is diffi-imposible to emulate, the complexity grows exponentially.

You do have the GameCube, which I will address as "not worth it" given its lack of good titles.


Xbox might get patched/polished up, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Those contributors are now working on iOS/Android Apps.
both gamecube and wii are far beyond ps2 and are emulated almost perfectly
btw gamecube has more good titles than ps2, ps3 and xbox 360 combined, and emulating it is worth it just for ssb, mario kart and re4 alone :P
 
Kangal's Avatar
Posts: 1,576 | Thanked: 1,280 times | Joined on Mar 2010
#10
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
both gamecube and wii are far beyond ps2
Not at all. They are better, but not by a huge stretch you're making it out to be.

Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
and are emulated almost perfectl
GameCube works fullspeed on high-end Windows PC's.
Last time I checked Wii wasn't working properly.
The PS2 was working fullspeed only (some issues) on high-end Windows PCs.

Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
btw gamecube has more good titles than ps2, ps3 and xbox 360 combined, and emulating it is worth it just for ssb, mario kart and re4 alone :P
...that's hilarious.
Those are titles are not good at all, they're only good for people who are addicted to the franchise. I know many people who don't enjoy SSB, whereas they enjoy "regular" titles from 360.

Well let's just agree to disagree, but you are wrong and I am right
__________________
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I vote that Kangal replace Elop!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post

I'm flattered
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 00:12.