Active Topics

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Discoveryellow View Post
Thank you for great tips!

Do you know what is the origin of black spots on the screen?
I posted it a while back but because im using phone it just say it again. Its how the screen is. The panel problem. When they make an amoled screen. There is a TFT silicon backplate. Which is supposed to carry the current to the pixels turning them on and off etc... While creating the matrix a laser is used to change the silicon. Because the laser does not heat equally (middle heat different from outside of the laser heat) the crystals in the TFT dont form equally so an equal current does not pass to all pixels. The effect is called mura. Sadly it's a feature of amoled screens. The technology has not been perfected yet like LCD. Some have it worse and others don't.

I had this "pinkish stripes/lines in landscape" issue on my blue N9 ( several photos in this thread from other users). One day after purchase got new phone and same issue. My friend has white 64gb and no pink stripes. So sent today phone for repair, I guess they gonna change screen or something...

Edit: Picture from few pages back, I had this, my friend didn't have->

Originally Posted by ZerionSeven View Post

Last edited by Pl4ub; 2012-04-11 at 19:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pl4ub For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pl4ub View Post
I had this "pinkish stripes/lines in landscape" issue on my blue N9 ( several photos in this thread from other users). One day after purchase got new phone and same issue. My friend has white 64gb and no pink stripes. So sent today phone for repair, I guess they gonna change screen or something...

Wow, thanks for posting!

Can you tell me what capacity is your N9 (16/64Gb) and where is is made? And what about your friend's white N9?

My black 64Gb N9 Made in Finland has same stripes and also black spots in the dark. Don't know if I shall bother to try to get a replacement or all N9 AMOLEDs that way.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Pl4ub View Post

That pings stripes picture comes with trickery used by that blackandwhite squares, if same phone browses normal web pages there is no bleeding effect. Someone is screwing the system if they send device to nokia care because of abusing testing pattern picture that amoled screens doesnt like.

That pings stripes picture comes with trickery used by that blackandwhite squares, if same phone browses normal web pages there is no bleeding effect. Someone is screwing the system if they send device to nokia care because of abusing testing pattern picture that amoled screens doesnt like.
I didn't use myself that trickery, that picture is just for making clear point what I had without that pattern picture. Those stripes are most noticeable on that homepage/bookmark page in browser.

I had 16gb cyan and box says made in Finland. Not sure yet about my friend's.

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Here's another picture of the same phone showing a "normal" webpage with the same pink stripes. (since when is it normal for a screen to be unable to display a simple checkerboard pattern...)

The problem is even worse when you scroll a page, as the lines kind of shimmer.

Every N9 I've seen has this problem, although the intensity does vary some. As such, I've not taken mine for repair. (also I have no black spots, so I'm a little worried I might get a screen with that problem in return) Though all the N9s I've seen have been early made in Finland ones so perhaps the problem's been fixed in newer ones?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZerionSeven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
ohwell apparantly you can get bleeding effect on some devices more easily than others. With testing pattern I can see bleeding in my too, but not in normal use. Of course if you see it on normal use and it irritates you too much then might be wise to try to get it replaced.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZerionSeven View Post
Here's another picture of the same phone showing a "normal" webpage with the same pink stripes. (since when is it normal for a screen to be unable to display a simple checkerboard pattern...)

The problem is even worse when you scroll a page, as the lines kind of shimmer.

Every N9 I've seen has this problem, although the intensity does vary some. As such, I've not taken mine for repair. (also I have no black spots, so I'm a little worried I might get a screen with that problem in return) Though all the N9s I've seen have been early made in Finland ones so perhaps the problem's been fixed in newer ones?
Well, not too cool: I have both black spots - most irritating in the GOF2 game - and I have AMOLED bleading - most annoying when typing SMS in portrait mode, the screen shows green, pink and dirty white stipes upwards of the on-screen keyboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to Discoveryellow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
ITs a feature of amoled.. AMOLED TECH is not ready yet eg, not too many companies are investing, sony cut back, and LG is focusing on large applications of oled for tvs and stuff, so that leaves samsung and Au-Optronics .there is not too much competition so, innovation is show.

Last edited by Ashbeck; 2012-04-17 at 12:51.

Got my phone back from repair after week, they changed the screen/panel aaaand...No, issue is still there. I'm gonna tomorrow visit maybe more proper and official care place.

Made a video, my friend's N9 and mine. Man, my N9's screen looks total crap vs friend's...

http://youtu.be/aXLQIHkWeOY