Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
I prefer option 2, while configs remain separated the mass storage remains accesible in both.
For most users that's true. But some people (including me) have switched the home and MyDocs partitions. Except for the very few cases of taking photos with my N900 I practically don't use MyDocs.
But these are special cases and Maemo's home can still be mounted elsewhere.

Imagine: What if you have installed program x in maemo and in ED, do they share the same config then?
Theoretically yes. For example I have Chromium installed in ED and Maemo and since the ED version is newer the Maemo version always complains about some incompatibilities (but otherwise works fine).

Estel, I couldn't get your orientation switch working. chmod'ed +rwx
the binary but LXDE wouldn't want to update it's icon nor change orientation when clicked on...
What happens if you call /usr/bin/orientation manually from within roxterm?

Some offtopic: I have another maemo chroot, I always use qchroot and quserchroot to chroot into it, but I would like to have acces to the real MyDocs. What do I need to do to make that happen, looks like I need a small script for that?
Basically all you have to do is mount it somewhere just like it is done in ED. Suppose you want to mount it to /mnt in your chroot and your chroot directory is /home/user/chroot just run this in Maemo:
Code:
mount -o bind /home/user/MyDocs /home/user/chroot

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
With the older images I was able to use a modified keboard which works under maemo and have óćą etc. in ED. Now with Estels image the keys don't work. I did the setxkbmap pl and did the locale but still there are no Polish keys. How can I fix it?

Edit:

The solution is there in this topis
I even asked for the same thing
sudo synchroot is the trick

Last edited by fw190; 2012-04-13 at 19:09. Reason: found the solution

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hi all, I'll have Estel's image up soon. I ran out of time on the long weekend and life overtook me.

I like the method I've posted for separating the home directories, because it is very image-specific. You can set it up per-image. The default script mounts the home directory, but this behavior can be modified, depending on which image is mounted. It is also 100% backward compatible with all previous images, which I like, because I don't want to upload a new version of the package.

Estel's orientation icon in the .config files that he posted is broken, it points to some strange help .desktop file in .config. I have fixed it to point to the proper .desktop file in my version.

Last edited by qole; 2012-04-15 at 03:38.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ok, new Estel image on qole.org. Please download and troubleshoot!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
I have had a few problems with the new Estel image:
I first reconfigured the locales to pl (maybe this was my mistake)
Then I've tried to put @setxkbmap pl but the file didn't want to save. (I've opned it from within ED)
Also when I was trying to write @ it gave me the TAB

So I opened the file to put the setxkbmap pl line from the chroot and then it worked. After that I did sudo synchroot from maemo xterm and now it seems that it works.
Is it normal that I can't see the panels inside ED? I have to touc the edge o the scren to see them. Is it a space savieur?

Also there is no image on the upper panel like here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2652

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
I have had a few problems with the new Estel image:
I first reconfigured the locales to pl (maybe this was my mistake)
Then I've tried to put @setxkbmap pl but the file didn't want to save. (I've opned it from within ED)
Also when I was trying to write @ it gave me the TAB
To have Your Maemo's keybinding inside ED, You need to copy /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 to same place inside Your image - most likely (when You've image mounted, i.e. ED started) /.debian/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51

Before doing so, You may consider examining rx-51m already bundled inside image - it contains 99,99% of keys from big computer keyboard, including F1-F12 mapped to upper row. As for @, it is blue arrow + shift + space, due to bug not allowing mapping TAB for above combination.

I decided to bundle sophisticated remap inside image, to give people full-button acces out of the box - for ones that wan't to use own keymap, copying rx-51 is only method anyway, so it doesn't hurt anyone.

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Is it normal that I can't see the panels inside ED? I have to touc the edge o the scren to see them. Is it a space savieur?
Yep. This way, You have full screen (well, without 2 pixels) available for programs, at the same time, having big, stylus/finger friendly icons on panels. Of course, You may disable hiding them, and/or make icons smaller/bigger - everything is customizable. As it was mentioned few pages ago, best way to bring panels is to tap just *outside* screen, near the edge, where panel is to appear - it's like having 2 new touchpad buttons

Also there is no image on the upper panel like here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2652
No idea, maybe, while fixing it, qole forget to include icon (provided by me with "broken" .desktop file and script itself) inside image?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
For those trying to install E17 (Enlightenment) as per instructions from here, the sources.list is a bit outdated and needs some fresh juice.

Package repo's
--------------
Get some key, add the corresponding repo to your list, save it

Code:
wget http://packages.enlightenment.org/repo.key.old
apt-key add repo.key.old
Code:
wget http://packages.linuxniche.net/deblet/repo.key
apt-key add repo.key
Now add the repo's to your sources.list

Code:
deb http://packages.enlightenment.org/debian sid main extras
as well as

Code:
deb http://packages.linuxniche.net/deblet deblet main
and

Code:
deb ftp://de.debian.org/debian sid main
Save your sources.list file, update and follow the instructions as posted by maddog.

EDIT: As sulu mentions, don't forget to turn them off again once you're done installing enlightenment. They will break things at some point if you forget.

Last edited by anthonie; 2012-04-16 at 14:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
What's that "rotation switch" supposed to do? On the new uploaded image I still got that red cross and no visible function...

Yeah what's with the repo's? I used to find aircrack-ng there(old images), now it seems gone

Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
Code:
deb ftp://de.debian.org/debian sid main
Don't forget to disable that entry again after installing e17!
Otherwise things may break. Audio and Keyboard layout in Easy Debian WILL break if the corresponding packages (pulseaudio & xkb-data) are upgraded for some reason.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
What's that "rotation switch" supposed to do? On the new uploaded image I still got that red cross and no visible function...
Does calling /usr/bin/orientation from roxterm show any result?
That's what the icon is supposed to do.

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze