Notices

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Any chances of - instead of emulating anything - just respecting people's remapped keyboard? Personally, I hate when games emulate anything - either some important (at least for me) function is always left forgotten (see Jagged Alliance 2 and switching ground/ceiling levels...), or emulated function override special key, that I'm used to, due to personal hardware keyboard remap.

Remember, that using blue arrow + shift, we got plenty of "free keys", where we can emulate almost full-fledged desktop keyboard. for example, I've all F1-F12 keys mapped to upper row shift+blue arrow, right and middle mouse click (blue arrow +tap and shift+blue arrow+tap, respectively), TAB, all my national special characters, all symbols... Without sacrificing any single default key.

There really isn't any need to emulate anything - just make game aware of user's keyboard layout if it's possible, and everyone will be happy penguins.

/Estel

Ps.

Thanks for Your efforts, nevertheless!

Hi Estel,

I would also be interested in how you have mapped the mouse buttons to the modifier keys.. I have already re-mapped my own keyboard with the Shift+Fn extras, and enabled full screen of applications using xbindkeys ctrl+up.

Which files need to be edited for mouse buttons?

Thanks, DG

It's off-topic here, but may be useful for You and other people askign same question - just put:
Code:
# Shift+Tap=middle click; Fn+Tap=right click
"xdotool click 2"
m:0x1 + b:1 + release

"xdotool click 3"
m:0x80 + b:1 + release
...into Your xbindkeys config file. I'm using one from Easy Debian, yet, I'm quite sure it should work with Maemo's xbindkeys too.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Sorry, I PM'd you about this at the same time you replied in this topic.
Thank you for the guide!

The Following User Says Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Argentina
Finally!, I could link the libraries statically, thanks Aapo.
I uploaded freesynd to extras-devel.

To play it you must copy the data dir from the original Syndicate game to /home/user/MyDocs/Games/syndicate, you can change this location from the config file.
The config file is generated the first time the game runs in /home/user/.freesynd/freesynd.ini

Have fun!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NerdKnight For This Useful Post:
Thank you for your work! The game is great. But can you optify the package completely? It takes 3MB of rootfs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HolgerN For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by HolgerN View Post
Thank you for your work! The game is great. But can you optify the package completely? It takes 3MB of rootfs.
Thanks, I haven't noticed that, I'll upload a new version soon.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NerdKnight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
No objects positions on minimap. Is it known bug or can i do something?