Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris
I can confirm here that it's not working for me ; Even when the connection stays on long enough (in the availability window, it kinda blinks when Skype stays solid - seems "https" *must* be checked) I have never received any tweet, no updates, no DM, nothing.

Having said that, I was never asked to authenticate this new client, so that's obviously that. Am I missing a "authenticate new client" procedure ?

I really hope you manage to make it work ; I tried various clients and some work very well (TweeGo is really nice) the ONLY major problem (apart from having to launch an app) is that they don't *notify* me, defeating the whole purpose of it.

Question : is there a tweeter client on Maemo that can actually notify (ring/vibrate) the user of an upcoming tweet ?

EDIT : Yes, there is. Twimgo is *really cool, all twitter functionnality is there, more than the official twitter page actually. The only turn-off for me is that it does not have a way to go back to the system, and I hate unfolding my keyboard just to type ctrl+backspace. It's a big deal.

Last edited by xaccrocheur; 2011-11-16 at 17:46. Reason: formatting

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
if you have google talk account or jabber account you could also try using tweet.im for using twitter through those accounts. works pretty well, but it does go down sometimes
It actually works very nice w/ my trusty old jabber account, that will ease the pain while waiting for fusi's auth part dev.

thank you very much

Last edited by xaccrocheur; 2011-11-14 at 16:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to xaccrocheur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ London
Originally Posted by fusi View Post
i have updated the plugin so that it works properly with supertweet, for those who dont want to wait for full oauth support.

as far as i can tell, all previously available functionality is present.

prerequisites:

1. plugin must already be installed (extras-devel)
2. a www.supertweet.net account

do the following to 'install' the update:

1. download the attached file
2. log out of all im accounts and close all windows
3. go into offline mode
4. unzip the downloaded file into the /usr/lib/purple-2 directory
5. go back into normal mode
6. recreate twitter account using supertweet credentials (disable https option)

the settings screen should have api.supertweet.net in the 'host url' box.

enjoy. work on full oauth support continues

Hi Fusi, how close are you of achieving the full oauth support for the twitter plugin? cheers

This thing actually works, thanks Fusi! Using newest 'fusi' twitter plugin and the Supertweet functionality.

However, I encountered some issues:
- advanced settings aren't reachable when the client is connected
- standard advanced settings include negative and large numbers for checkup times, preventing functioning
- historical tweets goes waaaaaaay too much back, had to 'read' some ~200 msg's..
- searching doesn't work: the Twitter plugin actually disconnects..

Last edited by BertvanDorp; 2012-01-17 at 22:07.

Bugreport: noticed my battery got drained, and this stopped as I switched off the Twitter plugin. telepathy-haze reported 100% CPU use.

Can I generate some log that will help out?

Originally Posted by BertvanDorp View Post
Bugreport: noticed my battery got drained, and this stopped as I switched off the Twitter plugin. telepathy-haze reported 100% CPU use.

Can I generate some log that will help out?
Bert (or someone else), you are the last one that has posted in this tread, can you help me? How do I ¨4. unzip the downloaded file into the /usr/lib/purple-2 directory¨??

How do I reach in this /usr/lib/purple-2 directory,or How do I unzip the file libpurple-twitter-protocol.zip and what tool do I use for unzipping?

Greetings John

Last edited by johnon900; 2012-01-22 at 15:22.

connected but no timeline, DM, mention etc...any clue ?

Hey fusi!!!

Any luck with the plugin update???

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by jsam316 View Post
Any luck with the plugin update???
Have I understood this correctly: the Twitter plugin for N900 Contacts and Conversations is currently not usable, since Twitter changed the way logging in works?

Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
I've put: "identi.ca" istead of "twitter.com" but with no luck.
You may put "identi.ca/api" in "Host Url" and "Search Host Url" in advanced account settings. But it doesn't work completely for me.