Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,245 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
#61
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
No. I just would be more strict on promoting clearly abondoned packages currently stuck in testing to extras. Open source software has the usual "as is" warranty and at least I'm not pushing to change that at all. It's more about discussion on what is considered stable (enough) for extras.
Timo,

I've given you rights on testing squad as requested and posted a message to the mailing list.

May I suggest that people interest in clearing out the queue of packages stuck in testing follow the mailing list. Things tend to get lost amongst all the chit chat on the forum.
__________________
3-time Maemo Community Council Member
Co-Founder, Hildon Foundation
 

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 730 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
#62
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Timo,

I've given you rights on testing squad as requested and posted a message to the mailing list.

May I suggest that people interest in clearing out the queue of packages stuck in testing follow the mailing list. Things tend to get lost amongst all the chit chat on the forum.
Thanks. I already started going through the packages beginning from the easier cases.

Edit:
there's also a brainstorm entry on the issue which we can still use to figure out a solution for this.
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...omoted_timely/

Last edited by timoph; 04-10-2012 at 09:42 AM.
 

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Stskeeps's Avatar
Posts: 1,586 | Thanked: 10,167 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
#63
 

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,376 | Thanked: 2,073 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
#64
It seems that there is a problem with latest Cleven package. It's not reaching the repository, maybe it's something similar to old KP problems.
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Saturn's Avatar
Posts: 1,592 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
#65
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
It seems that there is a problem with latest Cleven package. It's not reaching the repository, maybe it's something similar to old KP problems.
second try gave a better error. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=564

hope it is useful
 
qgil's Avatar
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,062 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
#66
A proper bug report assigned to Niels (X-Fade) may be useful to watch and follow.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 730 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
#67
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
A proper bug report assigned to Niels (X-Fade) may be useful to watch and follow.
No need since it seems to be there now.
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in.../cleven/2.5-2/
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Saturn's Avatar
Posts: 1,592 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
#68
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
No need since it seems to be there now.
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in.../cleven/2.5-2/
Yes, followed the proposal of freemangordon to resend the same package and this time it worked.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,376 | Thanked: 2,073 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
#69
Hi X-Fade,

We have an issue at Maemo.org package interface. Apparently it's not possible to promote applications to Extras if they depend on non-free packages. We have discussed the question in latest Council meeting and agreed that the rule should be avoided. Could you please take a look to it and see if it can be fixed?

This is blocking further improvements to package qt-components for Fremantle. Now that Nokia has granted permission to package Harmattan icons and Nokia Pure fonts, they could be used as dependencies to improve compatibility of Harmattan applications in Fremantle.

Please see original issue at TMO. I have created bug 12630.

Thanks in advance
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,803 | Thanked: 4,469 times | Joined on Nov 2007
#70
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
We have an issue at Maemo.org package interface. Apparently it's not possible to promote applications to Extras if they depend on non-free packages. We have discussed the question in latest Council meeting and agreed that the rule should be avoided.
Can you elaborate? I thought non-free packages can be promoted at will by the maintainer?

I'm not sure what the issue is, but if it's the disposition of otherwise free packages that depend on non-free ones, it's a big one that should be discussed more widely (preferably on maemo-developers). One option would be to introduce a "contrib" component for those as Debian does.

This for instance is plain wrong (it should be in non-free, according to the content's licence). The free repositories should only contain freely-redistributable packages. If this was done so something that depends on it can also go in free then it's doubly wrong!

This is blocking further improvements to package qt-components for Fremantle. Now that Nokia has granted permission to package Harmattan icons and Nokia Pure fonts
I don't see the permission there, just a reference to "previous posts" but there are none in that thread. URL?
 

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 AM.