Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009
#11
At this i point, i think it would be really nice an "extended" contact properties editor, including also the sync server... with the option of "detach" all contacts from sync, or assign all contacts to a certain server.
 
w00t's Avatar
Posts: 990 | Thanked: 3,485 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
#12
Originally Posted by Endymion View Post
At this i point, i think it would be really nice an "extended" contact properties editor, including also the sync server... with the option of "detach" all contacts from sync, or assign all contacts to a certain server.
I think it's fairly safe to say that Nokia won't be doing this at this point. It would probably be possible to do as a standalone application with some effort, I am happy to try answer questions if someone wants to work on that.
__________________
i'm a Qt expert and former Jolla sailor (forever sailing, in spirit).
if you like, read more about me.
if you find me entertaining, or useful, thank me. if you don't, then tell me why.
 
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009
#13
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
I think it's fairly safe to say that Nokia won't be doing this at this point. It would probably be possible to do as a standalone application with some effort, I am happy to try answer questions if someone wants to work on that.
Ok, so... how can i access the LINKED informations tu a given contact, i.e. the sync server?
Can you give me some code examples?

I know this is a BIG question...
 
w00t's Avatar
Posts: 990 | Thanked: 3,485 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
#14
Originally Posted by Endymion View Post
Ok, so... how can i access the LINKED informations tu a given contact, i.e. the sync server?
Can you give me some code examples?

I know this is a BIG question...
Contact information is accessible using the QtContacts API. A contact in your addressbook is made up of one (or more) QContact instances aggregated together in the UI (yes, sorry, not fantastic architecture, but we've been locked into it for an awfully long time).

QContact instances contain QContactDetail instances which are the actual information about a contact, e.g. a QContactName detail contains their first/last/etc names, QContactPhoneNumber contains information about one phone number for the contact. You get the idea.

To find where a contact is synced to, you want the QContactSyncTarget detail (http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility/q...ynctarget.html)
__________________
i'm a Qt expert and former Jolla sailor (forever sailing, in spirit).
if you like, read more about me.
if you find me entertaining, or useful, thank me. if you don't, then tell me why.
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 AM.