Closed Thread
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Verizon is still CDMA. I mean, seriously? Their support is based on a network that's old hat at the core.

US based carriers will invariably be the end of what's going on with Nokia. The North American sales will not be enough.
might not, it might, the fact you have a lumia adds a plus one to the sales figures. And i want to see how the lumia 900 will do in europe, might do well, might not. But I would like to see how windows phone evolves, I have a few things I believe will happen so. ALso these are not my ideas btw- if like agreed ms allows nokia to make improvement to the windows phone platform,(where they are market leaders) this means even if the ms-nokia deal fails, nokia will still get royalties from every windows phone because of it's IP.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Yes genius. Its because Chinese are hip and want Silicon Valley products. Who wants Symbian phones. Have you handled N8....oh my what a dinosaur. Dont blame WP for NOKIA losses. Its all Symbian. Symbian should have been gone long time ago.....it was the pre-Elop incompetency that led to this balance sheet.

Meego, is still a beta OS by every yardstick. It cant compete with iphones and droids. Period. If you want to argue otherwise, you are deceiving yourselves. So NOKIA made a move they had to make. Perhaps its too late. But dont blame WP. WP gave them cash and a sense of direction. Symbian and Meego burned cash and were destined to perish
And Your wp is not beta?

stop stick your head in the sand and wakeup. Nokia is failing only blind fanboys like you disagree.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Ashbeck View Post
might not, it might, the fact you have a lumia adds a plus one to the sales figures. And i want to see how the lumia 900 will do in europe, might do well, might not. But I would like to see how windows phone evolves, I have a few things I believe will happen so. ALso these are not my ideas btw- if like agreed ms allows nokia to make improvement to the windows phone platform,(where they are market leaders) this means even if the ms-nokia deal fails, nokia will still get royalties from every windows phone because of it's IP.
Might not? It's a heavy heck no... in the land of milk and honey (the US that is), this is a decidedly pro-iPhone and pro-Android crowd here. Microsoft cannot break 5% here - and that's with RIM/Blackberry losing share rapidly.

And places like Verizon and even AT&T will be drops in the bucket compared to the European and Asian market sales in the grand scheme of things.

And so far, it's not looking good for the Lumia in Europe in regards to its reception in those markets. And our markets are not indicative of what will be popular elsewhere. iOS and Android are the only two exceptions that are still going on strong.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Tell that to your co-american Lubeman...

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Yes genius. Its because Chinese are hip and want Silicon Valley products. Who wants Symbian phones. Have you handled N8....oh my what a dinosaur. Dont blame WP for NOKIA losses. Its all Symbian. Symbian should have been gone long time ago.....it was the pre-Elop incompetency that led to this balance sheet.

Meego, is still a beta OS by every yardstick. It cant compete with iphones and droids. Period. If you want to argue otherwise, you are deceiving yourselves. So NOKIA made a move they had to make. Perhaps its too late. But dont blame WP. WP gave them cash and a sense of direction. Symbian and Meego burned cash and were destined to perish
Actually, Symbian Belle, is a real pleasure playing with. It feels nothing like the dinosaurs you're talking about. I actually find myself strangely recommending the NOKIA C7 when friends "consult" me on what to get.

Symbian Belle is really delightful, rich in apps, smooth by all means and fluid, but the problem lies here: How the f*ck is NOKIA going to convince people that Symbian Belle is completely different after all of today's folks have an image of NOKIA phones being crap?

Elop: Easy! Let's party with Ballmer! Khehehkehkhekheh!

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Out of topic question: do one needs to be US citizen or Green card holder to buy stocks in US?

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Tell that to your co-american Lubeman...
We don't claim them all. Sorta like how other countries don't claim their less desirables.

Originally Posted by Joseph9560
Out of topic question: do one needs to be US citizen or Green card holder to buy stocks in US?
No. All that is required is just have the money and/or brokerage account - which, is real darn easy. If you're not in the US, invest through brokers while in those countries.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
No. All that is required is just have the money and/or brokerage account - which, is real darn easy. If you're not in the US, invest through brokers while in those countries.
Any link to simple "get started to stock market" guide would be great. I was trying to search for any official page for stock market (to get some idea about how things works here in US) once but couldn't find that.

Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
Any link to simple "get started to stock market" guide would be great. I was trying to search for any official page for stock market (to get some idea about how things works here in US) once but couldn't find that.
Do you mean something like this?

You need to look at investment firms like ScottTrade and eTrade more than likely.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen