Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Probably "Taliban phone" as in "gets only bought by people originating from Minor Asia/Middle Eastern/Arabic Peninsula" or "cheap phone mainly used in developing countries". Nature know why such a dim-wit... nevermind.
Oh great. So that means WP7 will invariably be compared to something only Americans buy... the SUV-phone or cheeseburger-phone.

Diabetes phone?

Taliban phones=old, extinct, dinosaur, not used elsewhere, not advanced, laggy, stuttering, not smooth.

But can be durable!

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
You quoted before i spell-checked. Now i'm gonna look bad.

SUV-Phone would be something like the XPphone 2

EDIT: when i hear "laggy", i always imagine something like "lecki lecki"... probably only Germans will know why this is funny.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-04-23 at 15:30.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I've been confused ever since the word Taliban has been tossed around as if it means something hilarious. Inside joke perhaps?
I think Lumiaman called Nokia Symbian/Meego users Taliban. Not sure where it came from, I may be wrong but I think it may have arisen from some racist undertone and the fact that Symbian/meego Nokia users are multicultural and from all over the world. He seems to have a problem with that. I think this was the original post from him that mentioned anything outside the US as Taliban.

It remains to be seen how well is Lumia 900 doing in US. If it truly exceeds the expectations, then WP8, with upgrades that will hopefully make it rival the other OSs, has a good chance of being a viable third competitior in this arena. If not, NOKIA will become a Taliban phone company, and that is it. The Meego and Maemo apologizers are few. The market showed that these devices are no good at making money.

I think that the Taliban on these boards are overtly negative. NOKIA is a solid company that has a solid roadmap to success. It is trying hard to enter into the US market, and LUMIA 900 is the best device to do it. Instead of supporting it, the Taliban here are biting the hand that feeds them. Who supports this website? Who gave you Linux devices to play with? Be happy and root for the success of MS-NOKIA.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Taliban phones=old, extinct, dinosaur, not used elsewhere, not advanced, laggy, stuttering, not smooth.

But can be durable!
Why do you associate a terrorist organization with it then?
Why not dinosaur phones?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I've been confused ever since the word Taliban has been tossed around as if it means something hilarious. Inside joke perhaps?
The only joke appears to be on the the troll that invented the term as it's a clear reflection of his intellect.

Can somebody explain to me, since all of you seem to love old NOKIA phones: why does Europe dig iphone and android and not Symbian?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
As Steve Blowjobs would say: Marketing is everything.

(There are still enough people that just "want to call and text" and hold onto their old phones with two week-standby times. Why not...)

Not true. Marketing will enhance a good product. If you got crap product, no amount of marketing will help

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Not true. Marketing will enhance a good product. If you got crap product, no amount of marketing will help
Case in point, WP.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen