Active Topics

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Dallas TX
Originally Posted by naru View Post
dear frind its never posibel to install bye nokia pc sute or ovi suite... read 1st post carefully... install java in pc after open whatsapp with java
I did not install anything on my computer, I just went ahead and downloaded the 2 files directly on my N900, open terminal. dkpg -i both and voila, everything worked.

Maybe i'm from the few lucky ones, but I dont see the need to activate it through your PC.

Make sure you are conected to the internet on the phone when doing the verifecation and of course use the voice option, it worked for me.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
It seems you are missing some lines of text. I don't know if adding them manually will work.

This is mine:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE map SYSTEM "http://java.sun.com/dtd/preferences.dtd">
<map MAP_XML_VERSION="1.0">
  <entry key="CC" value="31"/>
  <entry key="CONTACTS" value="Long code of your contacts."/>
  <entry key="IMEI" value="your Imei code"/>
  <entry key="LOGIN" value="Your phone number plus your land code"/>
  <entry key="PHONENR" value="Your phone number without the land code"/>
  <entry key="REGSTEP" value="-1"/>
</map>
I FOlloWED tHIs post and got my whatsapp working...those nt find it working can try it...

The Following User Says Thank You to nisheet For This Useful Post:
i got mine working too. thanks evryone. and sorry for giving u guys pain. one more question. after i opened whatsapp. used it for a while.closed it. then the phone became very laggy? does it run in the background? conky dint show anythng :S

Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
i got mine working too. thanks evryone. and sorry for giving u guys pain. one more question. after i opened whatsapp. used it for a while.closed it. then the phone became very laggy? does it run in the background? conky dint show anythng :S
ps | grep java
kill -9 PID

EDIT: BTW I have not tried this

How long did it take to allow you to re-login ?

I got it working without activation on PC too ... but yea , it become very laggy !

Originally Posted by Subu View Post
How long did it take to allow you to re-login ?
only few seconds. but when someone sends me a msg his number show up. even though i already added the contact. so if i again rename the contact with the name. it becomes duplicate cz i olready added it.

i need auto sync of contacts and deleteing contacts. badly

only few seconds. but when someone sends me a msg his number show up. even though i already added the contact. so if i again rename the contact with the name. it becomes duplicate cz i olready added it.

i need auto sync of contacts and deleteing contacts. badly
Thank you on the update, i asked as i am facing the error "too recent more info...". I tried it after a couple of times and again the same issue. I also tried deleting the folder and reinstalling whatsapp. Please tell me how to get this installed.

for example "too recent more info -154" this means that you have to wait 154 minutes before you can verify whatsapp again. 1)remove whatsapp and everything.
2)delete the folder /home/user.java
3) install whatsapp and the oracle again.
4) open whatsapp and make sure its after 154 minutes.
5) enter the ph number and country code and wait to receive the code.
6) after receiving the code. close whatsapp and open whatsapp again. type the code and get the error.
7) edit the prefs.xml file in that location /home/user/.java/..../whatsapp/storage/pref....xml. like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE map SYSTEM "http://java.sun.com/dtd/preferences.dtd">
<map MAP_XML_VERSION="1.0">
<entry key="CC" value="country code"/>
<entry key="CONTACTS" value=""/>
<entry key="IMEI" value="IMEI number"/>
<entry key="LOGIN" value="ph# with country code"/>
<entry key="PHONENR" value="PH# without country code"/>
<entry key="REGSTEP" value="1"/>
</map>

just copy the whole thing there after putting the country code, the imei, the number without and with country code.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mohammed Muid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Hamburg/Germany
Erm, so im only need imei + phonenummer from a victim to overtake there whatsapp identity?

Security rules...

The Following User Says Thank You to ThreeM For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatscrapp!