Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2011
#11
Elop never said there will be no more Maemo devices. All he said is there will be no more Meego devices, which is true as any new devices will feature the Maemo core for sure.
 
mikecomputing's Avatar
Posts: 3,126 | Thanked: 3,548 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
#12
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Yes it could. It could also be BSD, or System V, or Pixie Dust.

All have as much of a chance of running the "Core" of Meltami as Meego does.
or QNX because Qt already has commercial support for it...

lets see when/if Nokia 311 gets released what it runs....

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-04-25 at 17:24.
 
cddiede's Avatar
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
#13
Originally Posted by flyingbathtub View Post
Elop never said there will be no more Maemo devices. All he said is there will be no more Meego devices, which is true as any new devices will feature the Maemo core for sure.
So now we're pinning our hopes for future devices based solely on what Nokia HASN'T said??

Elop never said there would be no nanotech based WebOS devices from Nokia, so should we all start saving our money for the pre-orders now?
 

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 416 times | Joined on Jan 2010
#14
Elop never actually said there would never been any more MeeGo devices. If I recall correctly, he basically said there weren't going to be any more for 2011, and that it was... can't recall the exact terms he used, but something along the lines of being the 'future disruption'.

http://mynokiablog.com/2011/02/12/the-future-of-qt/

Not sure where that's at, but hopefully he'll have one of those 'Scanners' moments and his head explodes.

slaapliedje
 
www.rzr.online.fr's Avatar
Posts: 1,074 | Thanked: 1,121 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
#15
 
Posts: 1,219 | Thanked: 1,144 times | Joined on Mar 2010
#16
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Elop never actually said there would never been any more MeeGo devices. If I recall correctly, he basically said there weren't going to be any more for 2011, and that it was... can't recall the exact terms he used, but something along the lines of being the 'future disruption'.

http://mynokiablog.com/2011/02/12/the-future-of-qt/

Not sure where that's at, but hopefully he'll have one of those 'Scanners' moments and his head explodes.

slaapliedje
Here you go....

Meego + Future disruption reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6pHR0r-_Sc
 
Posts: 322 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2012
#17
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
So now we're pinning our hopes for future devices based solely on what Nokia HASN'T said??
Forget about Nokia. B2G is the future for open source, open OS, open UI.
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:26.