Active Topics

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by chely81 View Post
hola mira sabes que instale el whatsapp pero cuando meto el codigo de activacionme arroja un error unknown error !! por favor e ayudas mi tlefono es un nokia n900
(In english lower)
Como han dicho por ahí repetidas veces en inglés, "debido a un error, la verificación con icedtea no funcionará, en vez de eso necesitas instalar whatsapp en el pc y rellenar los detalles de tu móvil y usar el método de registro por voz (VOICE), ¡por SMS no funciona aún!

Con Oracle embebed en vez de icedtea dicen que si funciona, pero podrías probar eso, la activación por voz desde el ordenador.

**** English ****

As said some times here and there, "due to a bug in the icedtea port verification will not work on device, instead you need to fire up whatsapp on pc and fill in your phones details then use the VOICE method, SMS doesnt work yet!"

With Oracle embebed instead of icedtea, people say it works, but you could try to do the voice activation from the computer.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Spain
Just retype:
PHONENR="Your Phone Number"
REGSTEP="-1"

I want, as requested by Peter, report a kind of bug.
If somebody type the first time a short message and the next message is a very long message then the window has nog scrollbars so I cannot read the whole message.

I'll hope there is a solution for this behaviour..

to use this application must always be connected to the Internet...is not possible to create a qbw maybe that connect the phone to show if there are messages???it seems like a chat...there is no way to use it for send istant sms???

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Why u no use SMS then

the normal use for this app is for not pay sms i think...

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by bigmargio29 View Post
the normal use for this app is for not pay sms i think...
That's what Whatsapp inc. tells in his advertising, but it's simply a Instant Messaging program based in jabber (as google-talk, facebook-chat and others...).

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by davdav View Post
what does it tell you ?
may be we can help
I just followed all previous instructions and get the verification code ,,
but i receive "unknown error" when entering it ,,,

i tried changing all inputs in the prefs file but no use ,,

I'm from Egypt anyway ,,,

So, please help me solving my problem ,,

Thanks

first install the program. get the code. run the code. get the error.
then open the prefs.xml file. just beside PHONER there is VALUE. beside value there is "-"
between the comma write ur number without country code. then save it and close it. then open whatsapp again. type the code again. it will work if u do just as i said.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Any news on whether we can have the source for this?

I tried to decompile it, but even after I fixed compilation errors, couldn't get the decompiled version to run.

I did, however, find that two of the java packages included are available here:

http://bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kxml/files/kxml2/2.3.0/

This means we know what both those packages do (since they're documented, just get the javadoc), so we can focus on analysing the rest of the code.

I would have done this; however, the decompiled code is awfull, and imposible to understand.

Tags
whatscrapp!