Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Apr 2010
#301
if that was not report i doubt that will fixed in pr1.3.....
 
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,095 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
#302
Originally Posted by edgar2 View Post
great and important application to me. i'd be happy to donate through flattr, if at some point possible.
Upon closer inspection on flattr, I don't think it's such a good match for donating to projects as small scale as Harmattan development is. At first I thought you could donate to on-going development a small micro-payment continuously each month (which could, in theory, over time be a "withdrawable" amount), but it's a one off "thanks". With the relatively rare occasion of donation, I'd probably never be able to get anything off from my flattr account to even buy diapers for my baby or a beer for myself .

It seems really much better suited for blogs and such. But since I have a development related blog, I added it there. Anyone wishing to use flattr to donate to my Harmattan related activities (be it the blog posting in question, or ProfileMatic) can go to my blog and click on the flattr button:

http://meegoharmattandev.blogspot.com/
__________________
My N9/N950 projects:
 

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2012
#303
I don't know what's responsible (possibly because I installed some betalabs stuff) but the credentials problem seems to be happening every time the phone is restarted.
Not a big issue for me, being able to change to silent overnight is more important so I've taken out the power saver from the rules. Possibly a stupid question - although 'power save' mode might not be accessible as such, is it possible to access the actions individually (e.g. screen brightness) or are they protected in the same way?
 
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,095 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
#304
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
I don't know what's responsible (possibly because I installed some betalabs stuff) but the credentials problem seems to be happening every time the phone is restarted.
Not a big issue for me, being able to change to silent overnight is more important so I've taken out the power saver from the rules. Possibly a stupid question - although 'power save' mode might not be accessible as such, is it possible to access the actions individually (e.g. screen brightness) or are they protected in the same way?
As far as I can see from API docs, the screen brightness is not protected by that forbidden credential.

I'm not exactly sure what all power saving mode does. The one thing that can't be accessed (I think) without the credential is turning off WiFI scanning that it does normally. And also with power saving mode it only turns on WiFI connection when accessing internet, and switches it off after a while when net connection is not used anymore. These might not be settable in any other way, but I'm not sure.
__________________
My N9/N950 projects:
 
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2012
#305
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
As far as I can see from API docs, the screen brightness is not protected by that forbidden credential.

I'm not exactly sure what all power saving mode does. The one thing that can't be accessed (I think) without the credential is turning off WiFI scanning that it does normally. And also with power saving mode it only turns on WiFI connection when accessing internet, and switches it off after a while when net connection is not used anymore. These might not be settable in any other way, but I'm not sure.
I haven't seen much description of what the power save mode does either.
On a superficial level a combination of lowering the screen brightness and disabling background connections might achieve what I see happening on the surface. Underneath there could be all sorts of other stuff going on.....
 
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
#306
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Upon closer inspection on flattr, I don't think it's such a good match for donating to projects as small scale as Harmattan development is. At first I thought you could donate to on-going development a small micro-payment continuously each month (which could, in theory, over time be a "withdrawable" amount), but it's a one off "thanks". With the relatively rare occasion of donation, I'd probably never be able to get anything off from my flattr account to even buy diapers for my baby or a beer for myself .

It seems really much better suited for blogs and such. But since I have a development related blog, I added it there. Anyone wishing to use flattr to donate to my Harmattan related activities (be it the blog posting in question, or ProfileMatic) can go to my blog and click on the flattr button:

http://meegoharmattandev.blogspot.com/
If I click on the flattr number bubble on the sidebar of your blog it goes to flattr site, but gives 404. Better fix that. Flattered the first working flattr link on that page that was "Showing numerical virtual keyboard in QML"
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Petteri For This Useful Post:
Muzimak's Avatar
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
#307
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I find this error peculiar. Do you have terminal installed? If you do, execute the following commands:

Code:
~ $ devel-su
~ # apt-get install wget
~ # wget 'http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profilematic/profilematic_1.6.0_armel.deb'
~ # dpkg -i profilematic_1.6.0_armel.deb
Ajalkane I've tried to be as patient as possible waiting for the Ovi Store version to update to 1.6.0 as I'm failing to install with Firefox, and I'm not good with Terminal Works...... Any other easier way?
 
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,095 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
#308
Originally Posted by Petteri View Post
If I click on the flattr number bubble on the sidebar of your blog it goes to flattr site, but gives 404. Better fix that. Flattered the first working flattr link on that page that was "Showing numerical virtual keyboard in QML"
Thanks! Well good that at least one flattr button worked .
__________________
My N9/N950 projects:
 
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,095 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
#309
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Ajalkane I've tried to be as patient as possible waiting for the Ovi Store version to update to 1.6.0 as I'm failing to install with Firefox, and I'm not good with Terminal Works...... Any other easier way?
Did I mention you need to uninstall old ProfileMatic first before installing 1.6.0?

I could of course try sending you 1.6.0 through e-mail, maybe you could then install it just by clicking the .deb file.
__________________
My N9/N950 projects:
 

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Muzimak's Avatar
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
#310
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Did I mention you need to uninstall old ProfileMatic first before installing 1.6.0?

I could of course try sending you 1.6.0 through e-mail, maybe you could then install it just by clicking the .deb file.
Hahaha man that was funny waited so long and yet all I had to do is uninstall, thanx man it works now, I'll give feedback soon
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13.