Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Posts: 322 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Feb 2012
#1021
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
What? how would that be dishonest?

Anyway, you say that as if WP has got a lot of support. The amount of official app support is just as dire on WP, most the apps are unofficial or do not exist. I get by just fine with the amount of apps on Maemo because alternatives exist I even get more full fledged programs because I can install Easy Debian packages. Does not mean I wouldn't like more official apps but the situation isn't any better on WP, they sit and pray with their fingers crossed that the latest greatest app is coming to their platform too and it often doesn't.
I wasn't thinking about WP, I was thinking in general terms. The ability to multitask several programs isn't a good measure for a smartphone OS. Multitasking is almost irrelevant, secondary at best.
 
pycage's Avatar
Posts: 3,170 | Thanked: 3,492 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
#1022
True multitasking may be irrelevant, but I feel I never can predict precisely what the Lumia will do when I switch apps (will the app remember the exact position and state where I left it? usually it does not) or push the back button (will it go back one step in the app, or will it kill the app?)

This is frustrating and gives a bad user experience.
__________________
Apps For MeeGo - Graphical Client for N9/N950 and other devices
- http://apps.formeego.org

MediaBox Media Center - music, videos, pictures, UPnP, etc. for N8(10) and N900
- http://garage.maemo.org/projects/mediabox

pyFMRadio - control the FM radio on N800 and N900 with Python
- http://garage.maemo.org/projects/pyfmradio
 
Posts: 840 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Nov 2009
#1023
Originally Posted by specc View Post
I wasn't thinking about WP, I was thinking in general terms. The ability to multitask several programs isn't a good measure for a smartphone OS. Multitasking is almost irrelevant, secondary at best.
I agree it's by no means the main reason to fault any OS but I don't think that choosing multitasking over app count is unimaginable or dishonest at all.
 
rm42's Avatar
Posts: 953 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
#1024
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Total amount of apps available is the cake. Being able to load several at any given time is the icing.
Actually, having a huge number of apps is irrelevant. The cake is having the key applications available. The almost as important factor is being able to use them in a functional practical environment. I have that already with the N900. Meggo too. Tons more apps is the icing.
__________________
-- Worse than not knowing is not wanting to know! --

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/
 
Posts: 322 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Feb 2012
#1025
With Nokia on a patent crusade maybe the stocks will rise a bit? Some fresh money for Nokia is sure to come out of this.
 
Posts: 1,341 | Thanked: 695 times | Joined on Feb 2010
#1026
Originally Posted by specc View Post
With Nokia on a patent crusade maybe the stocks will rise a bit? Some fresh money for Nokia is sure to come out of this.
Nokia has become a low life patent troll.
Suing everyone from left and right and on all continents.

Long gone are the times when Nokia declared they use patents only defensic way.

I hope MS+Nokia will be ordered to open their agreements to harm OSS; http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...11208101818692
 
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
#1027
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Nokia has become a low life patent troll.
Suing everyone from left and right and on all continents.

Long gone are the times when Nokia declared they use patents only defensic way.

I hope MS+Nokia will be ordered to open their agreements to harm OSS; http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...11208101818692
When did Nokia sue anyone???
 
danramos's Avatar
Posts: 4,665 | Thanked: 5,425 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
#1028
Here's some recent and INTERNATIONAL perspective on Nokia's outlook, for the people that keep claiming it's all the Americans' fault:
http://tvnz.co.nz/business-news/noki...amsung-4857293
__________________
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR
 
Posts: 840 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Nov 2009
#1029
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
When did Nokia sue anyone???
Well, they filed against Apple directly. However now Sisvel and MOSAID have Nokia's patents who go after others.
 
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ LDN
#1030
 
Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:02 AM.