Notices

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
Btw, I guess it's better to open a proper topic about the app and move the discussion about it there.
I second this. tetris11_ perhaps post an "Announce" thread...?

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Okay hopefully I've implemented justice4all3000's workaround correctly for the power-kernel..... and I think I've fixed the bug which generated the wrong sdp file...

The Following User Says Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Ah yeah I was thinking that too.
If there are any admins willing to split the thread from post #110, I'd be really grateful

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by tetris11_ View Post
Ah yeah I was thinking that too.
If there are any admins willing to split the thread from post #110, I'd be really grateful
It may be better to start a new thread. Why confuse people with issues that have already been resolved?

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:
okay okay I get the hint...hang on let me see what the proper protocol for doing this is....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Originally Posted by beli View Post
Hi all,

I managed to use the N900 camera stream to my PC as a webcam (that you can use in other programs such as Skype) on Ubuntu Linux.

It is pretty easy to do using gstreamer, the scripts allready available here and v4l2loopback.

Here is how to do it:

First on your PC install v4l2loopback kernel module and the gstreamer plugin gst-v4l2loopback. These are available on the following links:
https://v4l2loopback.googlecode.com/hg/
https://github.com/umlaeute/gst-v4l2loopback

Good instructions how to compile and run it can be found here:
http://www.kudanai.com/2010/11/howto...webcam-in.html

Once you get this up and running, on your device execute the following code (same as allready posted here)

Code:
gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! videoscale ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! smokeenc ! udpsink host=192.168.1.255 port=1234
and then on your PC the following:
Code:
gst-launch udpsrc port=1234 ! smokedec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! v4l2loopback device=/dev/video0
You can use another /dev/videoX device if video0 is for example allready taken.

This will create a new videodevice that shows the N900 camera stream. Now in Skype you can select that video device and here you go!
I am wondering if this instructions tested on USB networking? Anybody?

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2010 @ DFW, Texas
Kudos tetris11_ for all the work there provided! This is the kind of reason why n900 still beats any phone out there imho.

Here are my specs: I'm running
- latest stable kernel-power (1:2.6.28-10power49)
- photostream: 0.9.3
- fcam drivers installed

N900 is overclocked at 1,150Mhz stable (always). Never had an issue in terms of crashes/random reboots whatsoever. That was until I attempted to work with photostream and in general use back or front camera for streaming.

When attempting to stream through photostream for VLC, n900 seems to hang (possibly due to inproper voltage) and restart on its own complaining that OC has failed and that it loaded the default settings.

So, after playing around a bit with different kernel-power profiles, I am stable with lv on 1000Mhz constant frequency (kernel-config limits 1000 1000). I'm able to stream through the back camera just fine, however, I do seem to have a greenish tint.

Anyone figure out what the cause might be? I've only managed to get a "proper" ungreenish tint stream twice and I can't seem to reproduce it for some odd reason. No matter what resolution I go with, or if I entirelly leave out kernel-power / OCing on n900, it still only comes out with a somewhat greenish tint. I have attempted to remove fcam drivers for testing purposes also to see if that was the cause, but unfortunately that didn't fix the greenish tint either.

I'd be grateful for any hints on getting that greenish tint removed.

Note: I've rebooted n900 several times to assure there wasn't an issue caused right after a failed oced n900 too

Hi All,

Till now I have managed to get my n900 to work as a webcam for skype, but I want to have the audio from N900's mic routed to skype.

Please tell me whether it is possible.

This post (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=19) seems to do that, but how to integrate it with skype...???

Last edited by bvaibhav; 2012-05-09 at 16:34.